Got my first class 2 job

So long story short I’ve been signed to an agency since I passed 2 months ago and not been offered much work probably due to age (20) because of insurance clauses. Anyway I was annoyed about it so on Tuesday called all the nearby companies I could think of and one of them offered me an interview for today and they offered me the job today.

I’ve got 2 weeks with a driver then I’m on my own a little nervous due to hitting car with van recently and drive a much larger vehicle but sure that’s normal. Really looking forward to starting though.

Well done with getting your job, sometimes the best way is just take the bull by the horn and get out there and get the job. One of my first class C jobs was with a company that bypassed my CV but when I cold called them in person a few days later I got the job. I was told my CV wasn’t really looked at because I didn’t have the experience but got the job because I passed the attitude test and was willing to learn.
Good luck and if can get your C&E go for it
Cheers Paul

If it makes you feel any better, when I was a Bus Driver, I had a bump when I was new with a double decker FULL of people on board… I went on to drive another 4 years accident free (I then left)… You’ll be more alert as you go and pretty soon the vehicle will fit like a glove.

Matt87:
If it makes you feel any better, when I was a Bus Driver, I had a bump when I was new with a double decker FULL of people on board… I went on to drive another 4 years accident free (I then left)… You’ll be more alert as you go and pretty soon the vehicle will fit like a glove.

My first job was delivering frozen food and ice cream in a 7.5t and didn’t respect the size or weight as I thought I knew it all.

One day I was delivering to a cafe within an animal park that also had a very expensive golf course within the same postcode.
I entered the golf course entrance and was then directed to the road that I could take, at the T junction turn left, well when I got there, left at the junction was signposted 3rd tee? So maybe they got right and left mixed up? Right turn was a dirt track with visible tyre tracks so off I went for about 30m and sunk into the hard on top but really soft dirt underneath.

Sitting there I had to build up the courage to phone the transport office somewhere in England to tell them I am stuck in ■■■■ up to my axle in Perthshire in Scotland.

After a couple of hours with checking companies on Google maps in the area and a few phone calls I was told to phone the Golf course and drop a name and then all the tractors came to pull me out, wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up on social media lol so don’t worry about past knocks, just learn from them, I will always check if I am unsure, and respect the vehicle and what it can and can’t do
Cheers Paul

NPABU:

Matt87:

My first job was delivering frozen food and ice cream in a 7.5t and didn’t respect the size or weight as I thought I knew it all.

One day I was delivering to a cafe within an animal park that also had a very expensive golf course within the same postcode.
I entered the golf course entrance and was then directed to the road that I could take, at the T junction turn left, well when I got there, left at the junction was signposted 3rd tee? So maybe they got right and left mixed up? Right turn was a dirt track with visible tyre tracks so off I went for about 30m and sunk into the hard on top but really soft dirt underneath.

Sitting there I had to build up the courage to phone the transport office somewhere in England to tell them I am stuck in [zb] up to my axle in Perthshire in Scotland.

After a couple of hours with checking companies on Google maps in the area and a few phone calls I was told to phone the Golf course and drop a name and then all the tractors came to pull me out, wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up on social media lol so don’t worry about past knocks, just learn from them, I will always check if I am unsure, and respect the vehicle and what it can and can’t do
Cheers Paul

Unfortunate, great story though!

It’s always stressful making a blunder but it’s a good talking point and something to look back and laugh about!

I’m looking to leave the office soon and drive full time, I just need to find something suitable for a young family (my son is almost 1).

Thanks for the posts guys. I know bumps are part of the job and I’ll get over it. It just ■■■■■ really. Job is great hours though so is the pay and it looks like a nice atmosphere at the depot so looking forward to it.

oDillonx2:
Thanks for the posts guys. I know bumps are part of the job and I’ll get over it. It just ■■■■■ really. Job is great hours though so is the pay and it looks like a nice atmosphere at the depot so looking forward to it.

From my experience on the buses when I used to worry bud, don’t rush as this compromises safety and don’t squeeze through gaps if you don’t feel you can as no one will take the blame other than you and take one road at a time.

If someone has cocked up and look like they’re going to hit you, stick your handbrake on and wait.

Best of luck it sounds great.