CPC Learning

Hi all,

I’ve just passed my Cat 2 driving test and am due to complete my CPC soon. Anyone got any advice on how to actually learn it? I’ve got the books and discs etc but these are just test papers and not actually teaching me what I need to know?

For Mod 2 (case studies) you can either rely on the knowledge gained from learning the multiple choice or, to brush up, go to www.drivingtheory4all.co.uk which is an excellent resource.

For Mod 4 (practical walk round demonstration test) your trainer should be able to supply training. If not, find another trainer who can. There’s also quite a lot of stuff (of variable accuracy and quality) on utube.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

try this - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121468

I ordered the DVSA CPC book the other day from ebay so ill let you know how it is as im going to book my Mod4 end of next week so in the same boat as yourself

andyvxr:
I ordered the DVSA CPC book the other day from ebay so ill let you know how it is as im going to book my Mod4 end of next week so in the same boat as yourself

Said book has arrived and tbh its not worth it, ive got more info from YouTube like Peter said

Passed it yesterday, and I had two tests on last Friday, (theory/hazards). I bought access for LGV theory site, and did many of the cases but I think that was unuseful, it didnt prepare me for that even in 10%. Stories too short, and I had all questions in 100% correct “thought ohhh will be easy”, all questions similar to the theory.

When I went yesterday for test, the stories were much longer, some stupid and totally unusefull questions which I didnt know what to answer, but said to myself “think”. When I asked driver at my work for one question which I didnt know, he said that he’s working as a driver for 20+ years and he doesnt know it.

I have read a book Driving Goods Vehicle by DVSA, and couldnt find any informations for that questions what I had yesterday. Apart from driving when youre doing “other work” remember that youre cant exceed 6 working hours without break, thats only one tip which I can give you. And dont stress.

Before I went out from my home I said, Im going there to get this paper and without stress. I was only under stress when I couldnt find any space in the carpark, and had to park about 0.5 mile from test centre. I Spoke with one guy before test, he took CPC as well and tried to pass third time, finally passed.

Good luck :wink: