Delivering to the wrong place

So this morning first drop I was struggling to find somewhere, but then came across a house name that was on the invoice. So dropped it there, large hotel. And they happily accepted it an signed for it.
Off I go, carry on with my day, heading back to the depo and phones ringing. Carries on my way. Rings back at the depo get through to reception. Mention I’m back at the depo anyways so will go an see what’s wrong.
Only delivered things to the wrong place
They were trying to get me to go back to collect, good job I never answered the phone earlier to them.

Anyone else ever delivered something to the wrong place? Quite possibly not [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Almost did it in France. I had 22 tonnes of chemicals and the address was a lovely looking place in Paris on the right bank of the Seine. I just knew when the concierge came out he would be helpful, he gave me the correct address about 200km away [emoji14]

Wheel Nut:
Almost did it in France. I had 22 tonnes of chemicals and the address was a lovely looking place in Paris on the right bank of the Seine. I just knew when the concierge came out he would be helpful, he gave me the correct address about 200km away [emoji14]

Place I had to deliver to was only a mile further up the road. Why have two places under the same house name on the same road. Puzzles me.

Why have names on the houses instead of numbers like rest of the… europe… oh wait brexit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I do it often , not my fault, I deliver to the address on the notes . however the pillocks creating the notes seem to like putting the customers (builders) home address on instead of the site address. sometimes there will be someone at home who will put me right , other times I go back the following day and move it. then theres the , joe bloggs builders new site Carlisle, type of address. lifes good at TP. :smiley:

folken83:
Why have names on the houses instead of numbers like rest of the… europe… oh wait brexit

Quite often the places have names like Alexander place. Or britannia house. Think it’s more businesses that seem to have the names. An home address have numbers

syramax:
I do it often , not my fault, I deliver to the address on the notes . however the pillocks creating the notes seem to like putting the customers (builders) home address on instead of the site address. sometimes there will be someone at home who will put me right , other times I go back the following day and move it. then theres the , joe bloggs builders new site Carlisle, type of address. lifes good at TP. :smiley:

Swear people Think we are minded readers when it comes to finding places with the vague addresses they give us.

I’ve had the old address for Taylor max well in centre of brum when it should have been Chipping sodbury near Bristol to site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:smiley:
Had one today…
Basically, the address was a postcode with the name of the firm to deliver to.
Luckily, the postcode was a road about a 1/4 mile long. All that was on it was 2 farms that had been converted to industrial “estates”. Buggers were still called “Farms” though.
took me an hour to find the right spot. no signs, neighbours didn’t know, no truckphone, no credit on my personal phone (used it all phoning clients and base)
Still, job done, score one for the noob :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Had one today…
Luckily, the postcode was a road about a 1/4 mile long. All that was on it was 2 farms that had been converted to industrial “estates”. Buggers were still called “Farms” though.
took me an hour to find the right spot. no signs, neighbours didn’t know, no truckphone, no credit on my personal phone (used it all phoning clients and base)

I hope they reimburse you for the calls you made

Tipperdipper1:

steviespain:
Had one today…

I hope they reimburse you for the calls you made

Yep, had that conversation 2 days ago. Just sent em a photo of the receipt for a top up.
Also, have just organised an all you can eat minutes and txts plan + 4Gb data.
Do’n’t forget I’m a noob and learning all the time. I learned about the importance of comms that day, and Fuel Apps :smiley:
Don’t get me started about tail lifts, curtainsiders, loading crews, and warehouse managers. :smiley:

You defo need some data on multidrop. Googling some places and streetview eat up a lot of it

folken83:
You defo need some data on multidrop. Googling some places and streetview eat up a lot of it

Agreed. Just got me sim today. All connected up.
Hmm, is there a noob thread? Like a “What you REALLY need to know about this job”?

I’ve not delivered to a wrong place but I’ve been sent multiple times to go and retrieve stuff that was!

Yep, delivered to the wrong place. Realised as I went to my next drop so went back. Thankfully any time I can;t find a place due to a rubbish address, I call the depot and they chase for a number to contact. If none they tell me to go on to my next drop and sack it.