POA question

Hey guys,

I know POA doesn’t come off working hours (hence why so many drivers abuse it) but what’s the score about making me wait for hours before starting a long shift?

First day at a new company (agency) and I’ve been told I’m an extra driver today and to go and get some sleep (not really practical) and they’ll be in touch. I’ve been waiting 5.5 hours already in the canteen and the drivers coming in now are moaning their load wont be ready for a couple of hours as warehouse busy.

Assuming there’s nothing to stop them making me wait for 8 hours on POA then start a lengthy shift?

I’m getting paid for waiting but I’m really tired as I’ve been off all week and struggled to get to sleep early last night as haven’t been getting up early past few days - must’ve only had 3 hours which would’ve been fine if I’d cracked straight on with shift as I’ve slept well the past few days.

For you to use POA in theory they were supposed to tell you in advance about the length of the delay you were to encounter but personally myself I’d put it on POA and when you do get going you’re starting from fresh.

Tailschwing:
Hey guys,

I know POA doesn’t come off working hours (hence why so many drivers abuse it) but what’s the score about making me wait for hours before starting a long shift?

First day at a new company (agency) and I’ve been told I’m an extra driver today and to go and get some sleep (not really practical) and they’ll be in touch. I’ve been waiting 5.5 hours already in the canteen and the drivers coming in now are moaning their load wont be ready for a couple of hours as warehouse busy.

Assuming there’s nothing to stop them making me wait for 8 hours on POA then start a lengthy shift?

I’m getting paid for waiting but I’m really tired as I’ve been off all week and struggled to get to sleep early last night as haven’t been getting up early past few days - must’ve only had 3 hours which would’ve been fine if I’d cracked straight on with shift as I’ve slept well the past few days.

If they make you wait for 8 hours, you can only legally work for another 7.

Your day started when you booked on/spoke to someone and got told to wait.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ok, cheers guys.

I didn’t think the 15 hours included POA. But from speaking to others it seems that there are set shifts so I’m now halfway through a shift anyhow (won’t be sent out on a full run).

Question now is how much coffee can I drink and how much Jeremy Kyle I can watch in the canteen!

Depends if the coffee is free?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Tailschwing:
Ok, cheers guys.

I didn’t think the 15 hours included POA. But from speaking to others it seems that there are set shifts so I’m now halfway through a shift anyhow (won’t be sent out on a full run).

Question now is how much coffee can I drink and how much Jeremy Kyle I can watch in the canteen!

Everything is included in that 13 or 15 hour period.So if you are kept waiting 8hrs.You can’t then go do a 15hr shift on top.What poa and breaks do though.Is bring down your average working week hours.So if you done over the 48hour average week.Those 8 hrs you were on break/poa.Would come of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tailschwing:
Ok, cheers guys.

You watch JK twice using +1 channel and then some more on ITV2 I think :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Coffee amount depends if you are allowed to use the loo …

I think I know where you are I did a week’s work with agency at the same sorta place go to canteen we will call you when we have a lorry for you 4 hours waiting about nearly every night shift I still made sure I was back 12 hours after I clocked on ( by clock on I mean sign in at security ) end of the week told them I wasn’t going again as I might as well be sat at home got put on with a different company total different sign in here you go drive here’s your wagon heres ya paper work. I was only waiting for a wagon to be delivered to where I was going full time anyway so I made agency aware that they get jobs that work for me that I want to do or don’t bother booking me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk