Starting Cat C Training

Hello.

I am starting my Cat C Training in Reading in two weeks. I am training with 2 Start in Aldermaston.

I’ve already done CPC 2 and 4 so I dont need to worry about that anymore.

I’m looking to go into agency work once passed, so has anyone got any advice.

Thanks.

Hi Lawrence, first of all…good luck with the training and test stuff. The more you put into it …the more that you will get out of it. Study hard, practice the moves. Take it seriously.
Second of all: At this (Sarf) end of the country you will be able to find a job, I can almost guarantee you that!
Whether it´s the job for you is another question.
Do the thing, get your licences, look for jobs. FInd one you like the look of. Might be money, might be location, might be hours?
Good luck :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply Steve.

Good luck!

As Stevie says, listen to the instructor - they want you to pass!

Training is a great experience if you select yourself a decent trainer and listen to what they’re trying to teach you. The decent ones want you to pass as much as you want to pass.

The real learning begins when you have the licence(s) in your pocket and the keys to your first run in your hand [emoji6]

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies, I really do look forward to doing the driving.

I did find the CPC 2 module kind of challenging but I passed it, just though.

I got 42 out of 50 and the pass mark was 40.

CPC 4 was quite easy, basic understanding of daily checks and security of the vehicle. I did that in a C1 Iveco.

Another question to add, do you just ring up agencies or wait till they advertise?

Thanks again.

I only ever used agency work when at a loose end on the vans and at that point I never worried wether they were advertising I just rang around regardless and they’ll usually just sign you up anyway, haven’t needed to use them with my HGV as found my own opportunities by approaching employers directly even if they weren’t advertising, going in to see them makes a good impression, you can have a chat in person and at worst leave them a cv at the end. You never know if they’ll be stuck for someone when you arrive!

Using this approach I’ve always heard back from employers eventually and turned a few jobs down as I’ve been happily sorted already.

Good luck with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk