Ejecting card while on other work

I remember seeing in the truck I was driving Friday to put on break/rest before ejecting card. After along day I ejected card without putting it over onto break. Weekend off, back in work in the morning.
Will it say that I’ve been on other work all weekend? Would a manual entry change that period from Friday evening till Monday morning.

Also on my induction. The trainer said don’t bother with manual entries, you don’t get paid by your tacho. So don’t bother cause you’ll likely mess it up? Complete nonsense?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I always put it on break before I eject but have been told you don’t need to I too have ejected while on other work nothing has ever been said

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When you eject it stops recording. So Your manual entry will always be from the time You ejected.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some tachos will also ask if the time you ejected was the end of shift so you can just say yes.

If not then either do a manual entry from the end of shift (the default) to now bit make sure you select break / rest symbol.

Or just say no to manual entry and it’ll usually default to ? which means unknown but seems to be accepted as not working, ie: rest.

A loot of trainers will tell you not to bother with nanual entries as you can make a mess, and that includes after years of using tachos. :slight_smile:

as above is correct,and theres no need to do a manual entry ever unless you want to waste time doing something you have no requirement to do …unless your making up a story for moving off card or similar.
just never bother with manuals.

dieseldog999:
as above is correct,and theres no need to do a manual entry ever unless you want to waste time doing something you have no requirement to do …unless your making up a story for moving off card or similar.
just never bother with manuals.

+1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

why put it on ‘break’ before ejecting? you are on ‘other work’,surely? de-briefing etc is working time

As everyone else has said, it’s no big deal.

I always do a manual entry after the weekend, because I like everything to be neatly checked off. I enter the end of my shift to match my time sheet and the start to when I start.

Doing a manual entry is not exactly challenging… after all, tachos are designed to be used by lorry drivers! :laughing:

All the tachos I’ve used make you do a manual entry the next time you put card in - I think it defaults to rest unless you tell it you were doing something else.

Tailschwing:
All the tachos I’ve used make you do a manual entry the next time you put card in - I think it defaults to rest unless you tell it you were doing something else.

They don’t make you.They ask yes or no.So as Simon Cowell would say.Its a no from me.And the tachos that default to rest.Can be changed at the dealers.All the ones i have driven default to other work.Wich is what i prefer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk