DVLA checking with my doctor after a medical

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all well. I have recently sent off for my provisional cat c license, after doing the medical the DVLA have wrote off to my doctor as I am currently on anti-depressants after trying to top myself in April last year. The warnings on the tablets (metapene do mention about drowiness hence why i have been told to take them before bed) I understand the need for the extra checks etc but does anyone have any idea how long this whole process takes? DVLA have said up to 3 months however would this mean I would have to have another medical due to time limits etc?

Also guessi g if they won’t give me the provisional cat c license my driving license would also be revoked? To make matters worse also moving on the 28th so really need to speed things up if at all possible.

Thanks

Rob

Unlikely DVLA medical will revoke complete licence unless your GP has recommended you do not drive at all which they would have told you already

More likely your provisional LGV is the issue because that is subject to a much higher medical standard

DVLA had to write to my doctor for my provisional, took about a month to get it from sending off. In my case it was due to my sight and I think they wanted to see if I had any history of any operations as my left eye showed up on my eye test for the medical

DVLA wrote to my doctor due to a long term heart condition. It took about a month and half in total. Good luck mate [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

DVLA wrote to my doctor too about a medical condition linked with Rheumatoid Athritis and the meds I’m on for it.

It took about 6 weeks but eventually the card came back with provisional C and D on it… The DVLA do move verrry slowly.
It’s worth it in the end :slight_smile:

Cheers for your responses everyone, keep on truckin

DVLA wrote to my doctors after trying to top myself last October. Revoked everything. 7 months to get my Car entitlement back.

Requested more information from my doctors about my condition before making a decision about my C+E. Still waiting…

Compared to my previous behaviour, you are an angel. So long as you’ve got a supportive doctor, you will be fine.

Dvla requested a report from my gp and the main delay was my gp returning the form. I do wonder if that was because I had the medical elsewhere so they didn’t get paid for it. Once they returned the form I had my provisional within a couple of weeks

mardybum:
DVLA wrote to my doctors after trying to top myself last October. Revoked everything. 7 months to get my Car entitlement back.

Requested more information from my doctors about my condition before making a decision about my C+E. Still waiting…

I’m sorry to hear that mardybum, I hope you are in a better position now

Update: so my doctor has made a mistake on the form (ascertained after an hour of ringing around!!) AND the DVLA has revoked my class B license, got to love GP’s writing reports quickly lol

It took the Driver Medical Group (DMG) at DVLA three months to process my Cat C provisional licence because they wanted more info about my Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) from my GP.

So, yes, they can be a TOTAL nightmare to deal with the very best of times. :imp:

On my medical I paid the extra to see my own GP as I have also been treated to keep “The black dog” away. He wrote in capital letters that it doesn’t cause me drowsiness and left his mobile number on there if they wanted to speak to him, license was back in 2 weeks no problem. The way I see it you either pay the extra and see your own who can explain on the actual forms or you go through a doctors on wheels and lie through your teeth, I wouldn’t recommend the 2nd option.