Passed class 1, first time

Hi everyone. Not showing off ( actually who am I cheating :smiley: ) but passed my class 1 today, first time, lost probably couple of years of my life during the training but dreams are worth it. Have a nice day everyone.

Welcome to the first time club :sunglasses: Bike, car, class 2, class 1.

milesahead:
Hi everyone. Not showing off ( actually who am I cheating :smiley: ) but passed my class 1 today, first time, lost probably couple of years of my life during the training but dreams are worth it. Have a nice day everyone.

Congratulations milesahead, on passing your test, may the road ahead always be under you! :slight_smile:

Congratulations. If you could give three tips what would they be?
Thanks

david8732:
Congratulations. If you could give three tips what would they be?
Thanks

Thank you.

Tip N1: It’s never over until you get your result from your examiner, there could bad days on your training, you could have different thoughts, doubts, maybe your instructor not impressed with your performance…Doesn’t matter, go and do the best you can until the last minute of the test, it’s still may not be enough, but on many occasions it will be.
Tip N2: Try to avoid silly mistakes, there are enough possibilities to screw it up by more serious things. By silly mistakes I mean like situation with me stopping on traffic lights and blocking pedestrian crossing behind me with my trailer. Why did I do this? Because just moment before I was thinking about this and because crossing wasn’t just next to the traffic lights but some distance away I have decided that I just might fit but ended couple of metres over, which was enough to block crossing and if there would be any pedestrian to cross my test would be over.
Tip N3: Try to choose school with nice trucks and good instructors, you should not spend any minute of your training trying to sort out anything like that. If it’s manual truck, gears should change nice and smooth, but I would highly recommend automatic, you will have hole your life to play with gears after your test. Instructor should not be your mamy, but there should be respect and understanding that he is here to teach you and you are here to learn, so I would call it professional approach, although I can understand that we all are humans and sometimes it’s difficult to keep your cool, I know, I taught my wife driving :smiley:
These are some tips.

SuperMultiBlue:
Welcome to the first time club :sunglasses: Bike, car, class 2, class 1.

Thank you.

OilyNutz:

milesahead:

Congratulations milesahead, on passing your test, may the road ahead always be under you! :slight_smile:

Thank you.

milesahead:
Tip N1: It’s never over until you get your result from your examiner, there could bad days on your training, you could have different thoughts, doubts, maybe your instructor not impressed with your performance…Doesn’t matter, go and do the best you can until the last minute of the test, it’s still may not be enough, but on many occasions it will be.
Tip N2: Try to avoid silly mistakes, there are enough possibilities to screw it up by more serious things. By silly mistakes I mean like situation with me stopping on traffic lights and blocking pedestrian crossing behind me with my trailer. Why did I do this? Because just moment before I was thinking about this and because crossing wasn’t just next to the traffic lights but some distance away I have decided that I just might fit but ended couple of metres over, which was enough to block crossing and if there would be any pedestrian to cross my test would be over.
Tip N3: Try to choose school with nice trucks and good instructors, you should not spend any minute of your training trying to sort out anything like that. If it’s manual truck, gears should change nice and smooth, but I would highly recommend automatic, you will have hole your life to play with gears after your test. Instructor should not be your mamy, but there should be respect and understanding that he is here to teach you and you are here to learn, so I would call it professional approach, although I can understand that we all are humans and sometimes it’s difficult to keep your cool, I know, I taught my wife driving :smiley:
These are some tips.

Cheers bud, well done again and good luck in your new career :slight_smile:

ROG:

Thank you ROG.

david8732:

milesahead:
These are some tips.

Cheers bud, well done again and good luck in your new career :slight_smile:

Thank you.

now you are elevated to the class 1 big wheel club then all sorts of wierd and wonderful things will unfold before your eyes.
the first one you will notice is as you enter rdc waiting rooms and mention that you have parked your trailer on a bay,lesser class 2 minions will automatically jump up to vacate a seat for you and josle for position to see who hands in your notes,and brings you a coffee.
this will be the first of many scenarios that will astound you now that you can do the bizzo.
obviously if you take out 2 trailers and the telberg getting the trailer onto the bay in the first place may lead to a slight delay in these attitudes happening… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
now you are elevated to the class 1 big wheel club then all sorts of wierd and wonderful things will unfold before your eyes.
the first one you will notice is as you enter rdc waiting rooms and mention that you have parked your trailer on a bay,lesser class 2 minions will automatically jump up to vacate a seat for you and josle for position to see who hands in your notes,and brings you a coffee.
this will be the first of many scenarios that will astound you now that you can do the bizzo.
obviously if you take out 2 trailers and the telberg getting the trailer onto the bay in the first place may lead to a slight delay in these attitudes happening… :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Don’t forget whenever you take a rigid out now you must immediately tell everyone you meet you normally drive an artic.