Hello DVSA man, what can I do for you?

Went in to the (new) agency job this a.m. 07:00 clock on.
Ooh look, curtainsider, loaded with half a dozen palettes all nice and tightly wrapped with clingfilm.
Card in, manual entry, fumbled a bit but I got there.

Check out the docs against the palettes…yep, they need splitting :angry:
I get to strap em down, apparently, had to ask for more ratchet straps, got some brand new ones, niiice.
Walk round, yep, looking gooood!
Also had to ask for some tacho rolls and a defect book. Glad I did, as will become apparent.

FIlled up with a million gallons of diesel and off we jolly well go.
Using the satnav (Tom Tom 6000) I just bought from TheNewBoy (Arrived on time, PROPER packaged well, would buy from seller again :slight_smile: )
Set the first drop. Frikkin Slough! Nearly two hours before my first drop and I´ve got 18 to do, grrr. Ok, get on with it, let´s go.

200 yards to the front gate, at the gate a bloke in a red hi viz pulls me over. ■■?
“DVSA, just a quick check, ok with that”?
“Sure”
mentally thanking god I did a manual entry [still not convinced I got it right though] and got some tacho rolls.
“Turn your engine off, driver, and put your ignition on and switch your sidelights on”

Ok, we then proceeded to do a full light check. Np.

“Show me your spare tacho rolls”
shows spare tacho rolls

“Ok, now do me a print out of the last 24 hours”
I must have got lucky, or else these hundreds of hours of Inet learning guided my fingers. Lo and behold, a 24 printout appeared.
He studied it for a minute, and said
“Looking good, driver, you got your 15 minute walk around…JUST (14) you´re good to go”

I was SURE I´d set it at other work for about 45 minutes but hey, I ain´t gonna argue. Gonna check what my fumbly fingers actually did online tonight.

Nice chap, DVSA fella.
And then, during the day, I learnt all about curtainsiders and loading crews who couldn´t give a ■■■■ where they put stuff. :slight_smile:

Nicely done.

Just remember though, that 15mins is a guideline not a rule.

slowlane:
Nicely done.

Just remember though, that 15mins is a guideline not a rule.

I was kinda hoping he´d be there again today, I wanted to ask him about doing the click click click version of starting the shift. No, never there when you need em :slight_smile: