First shift since passing class 2

Finally getting myself out there. First shift tomorrow. Good few weeks since I passed now due to working notice an a holiday. Back from holiday an message asking if I was available for work tomorrow.
Looked into the company an it’s looks like it’s general haulage on a curtainsider. Should be fun [emoji1787][emoji1787]
Any words of wisdom from you guys?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Take it slow. And when it’s tight take it even slower.

Get out and look on reverses unless you are 100% sure it’s clear.

And never go down somewhere unless you know you can get out. I’ve nearly come a cropper a few times with this. If it says not suitable for HGV’s that includes you until you have a lot more experience to work out if it’s possible or not.

Don’t leave the yard until you know what you are doing with the truck. Trying to work out the horn or the windscreen wipers at 56mph isn’t the best idea.

And have fun.

Thanks
Slow an steady wins the race, an always be sure about everything.
Really looking forward to it, but obviously first time with any thing seems a bit daunting. Vaguely know how to use the tacho. So will be keeping an eye on timings.

Got myself well prepared for being out an about. Just hope i can enjoy the experience an not worry too much.

YouTube is your friend for stuff like the curtains and the tacho. Luke Vernon for curtains and trg23 for tacho.

For the love of god, strap down well! And enjoy!

So far so good. Apart from taking a 15 an it not registering so had to take full 45 when drive time was Up to 4hourz19.

This truck is minging though. I’m not cleaning it up. Someone else’s mess tomorrow. I’m off somewhere else induction at brakes in the morning

Slowly taking bits in, an although the driving hasn’t been perfect. No curbs no cars been hit. Few awkward tight reverses. All pretty easy though