How long to get licence back after adding provisional?

Asking for someone else. I can’t remember how long mine took it was a good few years ago.

Sent off their completed medical and forms about two weeks ago. Still not heard back or had licence updated online.

Wondered what’s normal?

3 weeks max, then start ringing up

Should be any time in the next week as long as the forms were correctly filled in and there’s no medical issues.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Took DVLA from the Friday to the Thursday to send me my provisional Cat C…the ■■■■■■■■■

Going to be sending off my D4 forms shortly, just waiting on my medical. Am I correct in believing I can only request the C provisional entitlement and not the C and the C&E at the same time?

I have prov Cat C and Cat CE on my bit of plastic.
Get a prov Cat D at the same time, no need for another medical, just in case you want to go to the dark side :smiley:

Cheers but - Yeah why not, go full pelt and get the two wheeled ones too for when the mid lifer kicks in after a few years lol!

Haven´t you got the bikey things on there already?

Not sure how it works with them - got entitlement on the full car, thought that was up to 125 cc though

Mine took exactly 21 days to come back or 3 full weeks.

Dangerous-Dan:
Not sure how it works with them - got entitlement on the full car, thought that was up to 125 cc though

Yerp, that´s what I meant…

I have full licence for this…
Category AM
You can drive 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled vehicles with a maximum design speed of over 25km/h (15.5mph) but not more than 45km/h (28mph).
This category also includes light quad bikes

And prov for these…
Category A1
You can drive light motorbikes with:
an engine size up to 125cc
Category A2
You can drive motorbikes with a:
power output up to 35kW
power to weight ratio not more than 0.2kW/kg

I also have a full for this…
Category A
You can drive:
motorbikes with a power output more than 35kW or a power to weight ratio more than 0.2kW/kg
motor tricycles with a power output more than 15kW
You can also drive motorbikes in categories A1 and A2
That last line…confusing me a bit. Does that over-ride the provisional A1 and A2 and mean that I have a full licence for A1 and A2?
■■■■ it, I don´t intend to get one of those death traps anyways :slight_smile:

Cheers guys will tell him not to worry,

Stevie see if you have a restriction code. You can probably only ride trycicles and not real bikes like a real man such as myself.

Yep, you´re right, #1. I suppose I can count myself lucky they actually let me have an engine!

Tick both C & D only on the D2 form
Once passed C you automatically get prov CE
When you passed B after 1996 you automatically got prov BE

ROG:

Bit late for me (I’ve already passed my class 1 and just got back from a shift) and the guy who I was asking for has already sent it off.

Plus I’d rather clean toilets than drive a bus. I don’t like most people - and won’t even ride on one let alone drive the things. Which is shocking really given how I seem to be loved and adored on here.

sammym:

ROG:

Bit late for me (I’ve already passed my class 1 and just got back from a shift) and the guy who I was asking for has already sent it off.

Plus I’d rather clean toilets than drive a bus. I don’t like most people - and won’t even ride on one let alone drive the things. Which is shocking really given how I seem to be loved and adored on here.

^^^^ +1

I worked for arriva on service work for 3 months in 2000. Hated every minute of it! The passengers are zbs, but you expect that. People are ■■■■■■■■ and you don’t have to drive a bus to experience that, the idiots are all around us.

But the other drivers?.. they are in a class of their own! I’ve worked with some ■■■■■■■■■ on the hgvs, but they have nothing on the genius know it all, done it all ex sas driving god bus drivers.

It is FREE to tick D and then the D4 medical covers all categories

You can add D later at D4 renewal so it costs nothing

If you’ve had a medical in the past year you can also just send your photocard off with a new D2 to have the other category added at no charge