Breaking daily rest

Hi all looking for some advice.

Currently working nights and my shift finishes around 5 or 6 in the morning. The company I work for don’t plan the runs for the next day until the morning so expect me to ring up in the morning to get me start time.

If I have finished my shift at 0600, is it breaking my daily rest to ring up for a start time if it’s within 9 hours of finishing my shift??

What time do you have to Phone in for a start time ?

Sent from my mobile.

Any time after 8am

In my opinion having to phone in 2 or 3 hours after finishing work is unreasonable, some people would want to be in bed by then.

From memory I think this is similar to what Stobarts got done for in Northern Ireland, ask them if they can give you a start time for the week.

Sent from my mobile.

Can you not just tell them to text you? And then put your phone on silent if they do try and ring.

When you wake up you look at the text and go in when required. If you can’t do it you call them when it’s good for you. If that is too much for them to handle then they should plan the day before really.

Edit - why are you having to chase them for a start time? That’s ridiculous. They should be contacting you in a respectable way.

sammym:
Can you not just tell them to text you? And then put your phone on silent if they do try and ring.

When you wake up you look at the text and go in when required. If you can’t do it you call them when it’s good for you. If that is too much for them to handle then they should plan the day before really.

Edit - why are you having to chase them for a start time? That’s ridiculous. They should be contacting you in a respectable way.

+1 this is the most sensible solution to the problem

Have you tried ringing your planner about 3am?

Our lot tried that
Now if there’s not a time on the system we just say “ start the same time as today” not a lot can be done about it then

Dont know about breaking daily rest, but I would just call up when you get up if you go to bed after work. Should make no diff to them or you as you cant work during that time and you need x hours sleep.

Beyond that, texting would be logical as mentioned. If they dont do that then maybe time for them to start lookong at starting people the same time every night and staggering the start times.