New driver jobs arround Glasgow

Hi everyone,

I have pass my class1 couple months ago and not driving yet, currently I have full time job but like to move on to driving.

Any advice where to start looking for 1st time class1 job? Preferred shift will be 4on 4 off but can do anything really

Any opinions about Pringles of Carluke or JHP Lanark?

Thanks in advance

Pringle pays on par with everyone else in the area. Pretty much exclusively Home Bargains store deliveries and trunking. He’ll give just about anyone a chance and you get to drive a Scania that does a little more than 56.

JHP is fridge work down South but pays a pittance especially considering you’re working a lot of weekends on the 4 on 4 off tamping pattern. You’ll get a fancy truck to make up for it.

Other options…

A&D at Linwood on containers servicing Diageo sites mostly, £9 odd an hour, Exclusively Volvo’s and they’re fanatical about mpg and doing no more than 50 mph.

Tracey at Linwood on walking floors running waste / wood. Again £9 odd an hour but you get a meal allowance which bumps the hourly pay up. All the kit on the artic side is well and truly shagged and they’re hemorrhaging drivers because of it. Not a bad place to work from what I’ve been told other than the scrap they run.

Long Lane Bellshill usually advertising at £11 an hour on Indeed. Fridge work, poorly run from what I’ve read and you’ll be getting familiar with a pallet truck and tail lift.

JBT East Kilbride and Bathgate. Curtainside work and one most won’t touch with a barge pole due to poor pay.

Yuill and Dodds are desperate for drivers at the minute so maybe consider someone new. Several folk there who speak very little English so there’s a chance for anyone. Walking floor / bulk tipper work running new top spec kit. Percentage pay £550 - £600 take home for a weeks tramping the last time I spoke to one of their drivers.

If you want to try agency work which I personally wouldn’t recommend unless you’ve got savings for when the phone stops ringing Sure recruitment seem to be the best of a bad bunch.

Thanks for the info

Hayton Coulthard in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Predominantly curtain work. They only pay around £9 odd an hour but it’s 4 on 4 off. Local & tramping.
Stobarts in Eurocentral will pretty much take on anyone who is warm to the touch & has a pulse. Personally, I’d rather poke my own eyes out with the blunt end of a Ragman’s Trumpet than go to Stobarts.

Freightliner in Coatbridge are looking for drivers too. 12 hour shifts there with the first 11 hours of your shift set aside for doing daily checks on your vehicle whilst clad in helmet, safety goggles, steel boots, ear muffs, rubber gauntlets and hi-vis pants worn outside your trousers (They’re massive on health & safety apparently).

Corporate road solutions (Beau) will give you a chance. I went with them as a new-ish start after doing some weekend agency work for a couple months for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do Russells take on new drivers?

rabb:
Hayton Coulthard in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ Predominantly curtain work. They only pay around £9 odd an hour but it’s 4 on 4 off. Local & tramping.
Stobarts in Eurocentral will pretty much take on anyone who is warm to the touch & has a pulse. Personally, I’d rather poke my own eyes out with the blunt end of a Ragman’s Trumpet than go to Stobarts.

Freightliner in Coatbridge are looking for drivers too. 12 hour shifts there with the first 11 hours of your shift set aside for doing daily checks on your vehicle whilst clad in helmet, safety goggles, steel boots, ear muffs, rubber gauntlets and hi-vis pants worn outside your trousers (They’re massive on health & safety apparently).

What’s the problem at Stobarts
Any more info on H C as I stay nearby
(Ps I don’t work for Stobarts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harrawaffa:
Pringle pays on par with everyone else in the area. Pretty much exclusively Home Bargains store deliveries and trunking. He’ll give just about anyone a chance and you get to drive a Scania that does a little more than 56.

JHP is fridge work down South but pays a pittance especially considering you’re working a lot of weekends on the 4 on 4 off tamping pattern. You’ll get a fancy truck to make up for it.

Other options…

A&D at Linwood on containers servicing Diageo sites mostly, £9 odd an hour, Exclusively Volvo’s and they’re fanatical about mpg and doing no more than 50 mph.

Tracey at Linwood on walking floors running waste / wood. Again £9 odd an hour but you get a meal allowance which bumps the hourly pay up. All the kit on the artic side is well and truly shagged and they’re hemorrhaging drivers because of it. Not a bad place to work from what I’ve been told other than the scrap they run.

Long Lane Bellshill usually advertising at £11 an hour on Indeed. Fridge work, poorly run from what I’ve read and you’ll be getting familiar with a pallet truck and tail lift.

JBT East Kilbride and Bathgate. Curtainside work and one most won’t touch with a barge pole due to poor pay.

Yuill and Dodds are desperate for drivers at the minute so maybe consider someone new. Several folk there who speak very little English so there’s a chance for anyone. Walking floor / bulk tipper work running new top spec kit. Percentage pay £550 - £600 take home for a weeks tramping the last time I spoke to one of their drivers.

If you want to try agency work which I personally wouldn’t recommend unless you’ve got savings for when the phone stops ringing Sure recruitment seem to be the best of a bad bunch.

Meet a few of Tracey’s drivers in Markinch in the mornings can confirm the err state of equipment in use

What’s A&D like to work for left to get on with it without hassle ?

LostSomeWhere:

rabb:

If the stuff posted on here about wages is genuine then the money at Stobarts is ■■■■. I haven’t worked for them personally but those I’ve worked with that have been there say you’re spoken to like ■■■■ by ■■■■■ in despatch who’s arses have never touched the seat in a unit who think they know the world better than you.

As for Hayton Coulthard, They’re based in Westfield Industrial estate in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ just along from the Irn-Bru factory and DHL. Grayshill Road to be precise.

Like I say, the money there ain’t great but the HC lads I speak to regularly say despite the money, they’re not a bad company to work for. The will take on new passes too.

rabb:

LostSomeWhere:

rabb:

If the stuff posted on here about wages is genuine then the money at Stobarts is [zb]. I haven’t worked for them personally but those I’ve worked with that have been there say you’re spoken to like [zb] by [zb] in despatch who’s arses have never touched the seat in a unit who think they know the world better than you.

As for Hayton Coulthard, They’re based in Westfield Industrial estate in ■■■■■■■■■■■■ just along from the Irn-Bru factory and DHL. Grayshill Road to be precise.

Like I say, the money there ain’t great but the HC lads I speak to regularly say despite the money, they’re not a bad company to work for. The will take on new passes too.

[emoji106]

LostSomeWhere:
Meet a few of Tracey’s drivers in Markinch in the mornings can confirm the err state of equipment in use

I had the misfortune of a single day at A&D and admittedly it was a few years ago now. You’re watched permanently via this navman unit on the windscreen. You have to type a message on it every time you do anything. You tell them when your on break, when you’re leaving, when you’ve arrived etc etc. It flashes at you every time you rev out of their set range and brake harder than they feel is necessary and you’ve to crawl around at no more than 50 mph. They’re fanatical about mpg and like to tell you someone else (who doesn’t exist) got 2 mpg more than you out of that motor you’re in. The job is basically shunting between Diageo and Chivas sites. Shieldhall, Paisley, Kilmalid etc round in circles all day and maybe if you’re a blue eyed boy you’ll get some “distance” work to Grangemouth docks. All this for £9 an hour.

rabb:
If the stuff posted on here about wages is genuine then the money at Stobarts is [zb]. I haven’t worked for them personally but those I’ve worked with that have been there say you’re spoken to like [zb] by [zb] in despatch who’s arses have never touched the seat in a unit who think they know the world better than you.

You’ll actually find Stobart are one of the better payers for general work along the M8 corridor. Most folk say it’s ■■■■■ as it is comparison to what else is available in their area but that doesn’t apply to us in Central Scotland. As for the rest in relation to treatment that applies to just about any big haulage firm.

Hi, As a recent class 2 pass I went with agency first to help gain some experience. AM2PM were excellent and have a lot of decent companies on their books. Drove all sorts from 7.5t Iveco vans to 26t Merc Actros trucks. Their pay rate varies depending on different factors however they were excellent to work with and very accommodating, paid on time every week and also a minimum of 8 hours for any shift worked.

harrawaffa:

LostSomeWhere:

I had the misfortune of a single day at A&D and admittedly it was a few years ago now. You’re watched permanently via this navman unit on the windscreen. You have to type a message on it every time you do anything. You tell them when your on break, when you’re leaving, when you’ve arrived etc etc. It flashes at you every time you rev out of their set range and brake harder than they feel is necessary and you’ve to crawl around at no more than 50 mph. They’re fanatical about mpg and like to tell you someone else (who doesn’t exist) got 2 mpg more than you out of that motor you’re in. The job is basically shunting between Diageo and Chivas sites. Shieldhall, Paisley, Kilmalid etc round in circles all day and maybe if you’re a blue eyed boy you’ll get some “distance” work to Grangemouth docks. All this for £9 an hour.

rabb:

You’ll actually find Stobart are one of the better payers for general work along the M8 corridor. Most folk say it’s [zb] as it is comparison to what else is available in their area but that doesn’t apply to us in Central Scotland. As for the rest in relation to treatment that applies to just about any big haulage firm.

Thanks any Stobart I’ve met on boxes hasn’t had a bad word to say whether day tramper or agency driver

harrawaffa:

LostSomeWhere:

rabb:

You’ll actually find Stobart are one of the better payers for general work along the M8 corridor. Most folk say it’s [zb] as it is comparison to what else is available in their area but that doesn’t apply to us in Central Scotland. As for the rest in relation to treatment that applies to just about any big haulage firm.

It is a bit ■■■■ really. I’m driving out of Coatbridge for a large haulage company and our nightshift despatch are spot on. As for the money, even in my limited experience, I’ve earned more elsewhere in the M8 corridor than what they’re paying.

LostSomeWhere:

harrawaffa:

LostSomeWhere:

rabb:

Thanks any Stobart I’ve met on boxes hasn’t had a bad word to say whether day tramper or agency driver

We run out of a few customer sites alongside Stobarts. I’ve been asked If I want a job with them a few times. One of them says they get commission if they find new drivers. I don’t know how true that is but if it was me, I’d be asking every ■■■■ I bumped into :slight_smile:

I will be watching this as I am looking for my first c&e job after passing. I will be popping into seeing a&d at some point this week as I see they have jobs on indeed. For what’s been said they don’t pay great but as I’m a new pass I won’t be walking into a great paying first job in or around Glasgow so I will have to start somewhere.

Afternoon all,

I have my first driving assessment and its’s with M&S next week,

Has anyone else been through this with them and if so what can I expect?

Cheers