About to book Cat C lessons

The title pretty much explains it. After having a wait to get through my theory tests, 3 weeks between theory and hazard perception and then another month for Cpc mod 2 (which i failed 1st time and another 3 week wait for resit) i can finally get the ball rolling. I contacted Hamiltons driver trainer for a number of reasons a combination of not many places here and the good reviews i have seen on Facebook. They offered a 16h course for £1291 or 20h £1555 so thought better chance of passing would be the 20 hour course. Bit of a wait though… Oct 8th i start. And going to squeeze me in for my cpc mod 4 before hand. That is another £295 so will be feeling bit ouchy tomorrow i am sure when i go visit I will try and keep this updated

Good luck mate. So so glad I made the call to do my clas 2 (cat c) it opens up so many doors and allows you to get paid for wondering around the country seeing places you’d usually not go! I don’t drive class 2 so much anymore - but I still think it’s the best ‘bang for your buck’ licence you can hold!

Sure some of the more experienced blokes on here will jump in with advice.

JASCAMBS:
That is another £295 so will be feeling bit ouchy tomorrow i am sure when i go visit I will try and keep this updated

Don’t know if I am missing something but has is the cpc mod 4 that much? I paid £1100 all in for class 2 training in the north east but that’s included he mod 4 cpc which we didn’t really cover much.

They gave us an info sheet, showed around the wagon and everything was pretty much on YouTube anyway to revise, did the test and passed first time. As I said I could be missing something and good luck by the way :smiley:

sammym:
Good luck mate. So so glad I made the call to do my clas 2 (cat c) it opens up so many doors and allows you to get paid for wondering around the country seeing places you’d usually not go! I don’t drive class 2 so much anymore - but I still think it’s the best ‘bang for your buck’ licence you can hold!

Sure some of the more experienced blokes on here will jump in with advice.

Cheers for the advice and guide for my mod 2 mate, it was much appreciated :slight_smile: Other than really wanting to get my licence, i am outdoor person so the whole being outside and seeing new places appeals to me. I am bit nervy but cannot wait to get started in a new career

Kieran1706:

JASCAMBS:
That is another £295 so will be feeling bit ouchy tomorrow i am sure when i go visit I will try and keep this updated

Don’t know if I am missing something but has is the cpc mod 4 that much? I paid £1100 all in for class 2 training in the north east but that’s included he mod 4 cpc which we didn’t really cover much.

They gave us an info sheet, showed around the wagon and everything was pretty much on YouTube anyway to revise, did the test and passed first time. As I said I could be missing something and good luck by the way :smiley:

Thank for the best wishes. Where i am based there is not a lot of places near me… 1 has such old lorries and do not have a test station so they go to another place who i have read recently from people the training lorries are not roadworthy and safe. I would rather pay the money and the reviews suggest Hamiltons are very good

Said i would keep this updated and not much to say. I had my mod 4 today and going over what could be tested on seemed daunting but i passed thankfully. On to Monday and start practical training now ohh and sending for my smart card today

Well done, dude. Keep up the good work.