Agency work

I am a new pass class 2 and got all my cards back just over 2 weeks ago. Literally went to one agency on the Monday, received a phone call on the Tuesday for work on the Wednesday. Some of the work has been good and some bad but beggars can’t be choosers as a new pass I guess.

First job was doing removals, 2 days with one night out, parked in an industrial estate with a bunk bed. This one was a case of just chucking me the keys, bloke said it has three quarters of a tank so to top it up at fuel station, put the nozzle in and it kept clicking to day it’s full, soon realised not to stick the full nozzle in like I do with the car.

Second job for next couple of days was curtainsiders. YouTube helped me out a lot with this as never touched a ratchet strap, never opened a curtainsider and it also had one of those 4 over 4 high range low range gear boxes. YouTube helped with all of the above and within ten minutes had it nailed.

Did a Sunday with a large parcels company who buddied me up with a driver who did show me a lot which was great.

Second week was all removals for one firm doing tramping all week. The agency on this one took the mick a bit, £9 an hour as a limited company so take off employers ni, holidays etc then it’s probably less than minimum wage. Agency kepted on saying it’s vecauE I’m a new pass but definitely an excuse to drop the margin. I only said yes to one week as the week prior I saw this firm hadn’t a post up for a full time tramping position at £600 a week plus nights out.

Learned a hell of a lot in these last two weeks and feel more confident now than then, will see how I got on in next few weeks