WEEKEND WORK

Quick question guys…I work Monday to Friday and I did last Saturday…My boss has asked me work this Saturday too but I told him we need 45 hrs rest every other week…He said I can work and just avoid the next sat…Is this correct…thanks

Sorry, I got totally the wrong end of the stick. I thought you were working at one place and moonlighting at another. My bad. Yes, what you are saying is correct. Your boss is a plum

He says because I’m off Thursday to Friday the following week (not working Fri and Mon) I’m allowed to work Monday to Saturday two weeks on the run I mean…Surly I can only work one sat then need break the next sat or have I missed a rule…Thanks

It is possible to have reduced weekly rest periods on two consecutive weekends but only if the circumstances are right, generally it’s best to stick to having a regular weekly rest period every second weekend.

As your boss reckons it’s OK ask him to explain to you how it works :smiley:

Sent from my mobile.

are you working 6 on 2 off?

NELSON76:
He says because I’m off Thursday to Friday the following week (not working Fri and Mon) I’m allowed to work Monday to Saturday two weeks on the run I mean…Surly I can only work one sat then need break the next sat or have I missed a rule…Thanks

Sorry you posted while I was typing, if you’re off work next Thursday and Friday, as long as you had a regular weekly rest period the weekend before last you can legally have a reduced weekly rest period this weekend.

Sent from my mobile.

Cheers m8…I have a truck timer app to keep track of my times and it’s saying Weekly Rest to make up 6hr 32min…So that’s comin up plus they want me work this Monday to Sat…Then Monday to Thursday then off till Tuesday…Summat seems bit not right that’s why asked on here…

I work normally Monday to Friday it’s only this couple of weeks I’ve ever done overtime as they short staffed…Sorry if my post was confusing this is it simplified…
1st week Working Monday to Saturday
2nd week Working Monday to Saturday
3rd week working Monday to Thursday
4th week working Tuesday to Friday
5th week back to normal Monday to Friday

Really you need to trace your weekly rest periods back to be sure, but as long as you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period the weekend before week 1 and you haven’t had two consecutive reduced weekly rest periods before you can have a reduced weekly rest period this weekend.

This thread explains how it works.

viewtopic.php?t=109510&p=1659502#p1659502

Sent from my mobile.

I’ve had regular weekly rests all year m8 it’s only these 2 weeks on the run they want me have reduce weekly rest…I was just under the impression I could only have 1 reduced weekly rest every other week…and my timer is already sayin I’ve got 6hrs weekly rest to make up…so I don’t need to make it up this weekend you mean…Sorry for confusion ill read your post thanks…

I’m even more confused now haha…Some say cannot work two reduced weekly rests back to back■■?

NELSON76:
I’m even more confused now haha…Some say cannot work two reduced weekly rests back to back■■?

I can’t comment on the compensation you need to pay back because I don’t know when it’s for, but as I said there are circumstances when you can have back to back reduced weekly rest periods.

As you don’t completely understand the situation I would recommend sticking to a regular weekly rest period every second week, though your boss won’t like it.

edit: If you’ve had regular weekly rest periods all year I don’t see how you can have compensation to pay back.

Sent from my mobile.

It’s weekly rest to make up from 4/4/18 last week m8 6 and half hrs so could make that up on the 3rd week when I’m off…Just the back to back working reduced shifts I was unsure about…

I swear, I am never going to get the hang of all this ■■■■■■

If you have had regular weekly rests all year then at least one of those must have been 90+ hours off including a sunday midnight - perhaps during a long weekend off or by taking a holiday and by doing that it can move the weekly rest from the end of the week to the start of the week

At some point you do two consecutive reduced weekly rests where the first one is used for the start of a week and the second is at the end of the same week
The second gets used for no week and does not need compensating for but often has enough hours to be used as payback - say 36 off used as 24 + 12 payback

The weekly rests now get moved from the start of the week to the end of the week

OK m8 cheers for that…I’m off for 4 days starting next Thursday to Tuesday so hopefully that will wipe the slate clean for the two reduced weekly rests I had last week and this week…cheers appreciate it…I’ve never had a holiday this year it’s all been Monday to Friday work :slight_smile:

NELSON76:
OK m8 cheers for that…I’m off for 4 days starting next Thursday to Tuesday so hopefully that will wipe the slate clean for the two reduced weekly rests I had last week and this week…cheers appreciate it…I’ve never had a holiday this year it’s all been Monday to Friday work :slight_smile:

If for some reason you could not legally take two reduced in a row then taking extra time off will not put that right