Scotland training

New here, just passed my theory, hp and CPC case studies yesterday so now on the look out for a good training provider for my Class 2 in Scotland. Ive had a look through already and seen Ritchies in Glasgow and CTTS in Bathgate ( I live in Stirling so both are the same distance from me)

My mate passed with Ritchies 3 years ago and couldn’t fault them, even with a bit of a mix up with the test lorry (switched lorries at the last minute and he hadn’t driven a manual lorry before)

And again another mate did her PCV at CTTS and has bigged them up a bit

Just want some more experiences/opinions on either to help me decide (other recommendations are welcome)

Cheers

Can I suggest to read this ?

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 03/10/2016] (Read only)

It is pinned on top of this forum. I found lot of info there.

Learner driver…

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

kalim:
Can I suggest to read this ?

LGV TRAINING TIPS [Reworked 03/10/2016] (Read only)

It is pinned on top of this forum. I found lot of info there.

Learner driver…

link is below in my signature :smiley:

ROG:

I am sorry to say but I saw your few posts saying that link is on your signature. But frankly there is completely nothing below your comment. Not sure if this is because I use Tapatalk ?

Learner driver…

I live in Ayrshire and saved thousands doing it in Belfast. Every Scottish firm will quote upwards of £1300 for each part of your training. The exact same service in Belfast costs under £700. Coach return from Stirling to Belfast is around £60 and you’ll get B&B for £30 a night. Very laid back over there and nice easy test routes with pretty light traffic even during weekdays.

kalim:

ROG:

I am sorry to say but I saw your few posts saying that link is on your signature. But frankly there is completely nothing below your comment. Not sure if this is because I use Tapatalk ?

Learner driver…

Could be so here it is = viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

Wouldn’t say no to going to Belfast for it

I used Ritchies. I’m in Denny so wasn’t much difference distance wise for me either, it was just that Ritchies have been around for ever so I reckoned they must be doing something right. Their set up is good and they knew exactly what they were doing as you’d expect. Their trucks were in good condition and the insructors seemed a good bunch. Knew their stuff. If I ever get around to my Class 1 I’d go straight back without thinking about it. Price wise I can’t remember exactly but Telt is right, it was around £1300 for a weeks Class 2 course.

Don’t know much about CTTS other than a mate complaining about the traffic at Newbridge in the morning when he did some CPC stuff…says he ended up leaving really early to get there on time or he’d be late. Not exactly a deal breaker but might be something to take into account if you get wound up in the traffic before you even get there.

That said if you get wound up in traffic…this is not the job for you…