Driving hours newbie query

Hi guys and girls can anybody give me a little advice on the following as I’m unsure only been driving 3 weeks.

I have been off all weekend so got my weekly rest
I worked Monday 05:30-19:00 = 13.5 hrs
I was off Tuesday to attend a funeral
And back in today from 05:00

My question is does Monday count as one of my weekly reduced rest periods because I only had 10.5 hrs rest in the 24 hr period or because I was off yesterday does that mean it’s not a reduced rest and I still have 3 left for the remainder of the week.

Any help would be greatly received

tooktheplunge:
Hi guys and girls can anybody give me a little advice on the following as I’m unsure only been driving 3 weeks.

I have been off all weekend so got my weekly rest
I worked Monday 05:30-19:00 = 13.5 hrs
I was off Tuesday to attend a funeral
And back in today from 05:00

My question is does Monday count as one of my weekly reduced rest periods because I only had 10.5 hrs rest in the 24 hr period or because I was off yesterday does that mean it’s not a reduced rest and I still have 3 left for the remainder of the week.

Any help would be greatly received

I only had 10.5 hrs rest in the 24 hr period is the correct answer :smiley:

You have 2 reduced rests remaining is what ROG is so eloquently conveying. [emoji16]

A reduced rest in a week is exactly that, 1 of your 3 legal weekly reduced rest periods.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think what he/she is trying to ask in a round about way is :-

Can I use Tuesday as a weekly rest? Thereby giving me three reduced rests between now and the weekend?

Thats how I read it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:

Can I use Tuesday as a weekly rest? Thereby giving me three reduced rests between now and the weekend?

Thats how I read it.

They should really know that would’nt be the case though.Because it has to be at the least 24hrs to count as a weekly rest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

El Deano:

Thats how I read it.

Yeah Tuesday would count as a weekly rest therefore he has 3 reduced rests until his next weekly rest.

Tue is an extra reduced weekly rest which does not need compensating for if another weekly rest is taken at the weekend and as tue is a weekly rest then it resets the max 3 reduced daily rest rule

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods, as Tuesday’s rest was more than 24 hours it counts as a reduced weekly rest period and rests the 3 reduced daily rest periods.

You can have another 3 reduced daily rest periods before your next weekly rest period.

Sent from my mobile.

I concede and rescind my comment. Reduced weekly rests are (so far) not in my repertoire. Didn’t even think of it. I do my fair share of reduced daily rests to warrant me having at least 45hrs of my weekend to myself (again so far).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk