DVLA has screwed me over. What now?

13th June had this reply to an enquiry I made to DVLA about getting Class 2 back.

Thank you for your enquiry received on 10/6/2018.
Your case reference number is 00649606.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to this matter.

I can confirm that you are able to apply to reinstate this entitlement by doing the following.

You will need to complete a D2 application form and a D4 medical report.

These can be ordered here. Alternatively, you can get them from selected Post Offices® that offer driving licence transactions.

You can also download a D4 form online.

Yes, I can see that all this says is that I can APPLY to have it back. :unamused:

2 weeks ago had a medical
Sent off the application form and med form to reinstate my old Class 2

Checked today, online, and they´ve put my Class 2 as a provisional.
Phoned em up and they say that there is no record of me passing the test (it was 76 ish, in the Army)
I told em that as I had been working for years as a Class 2, been stopped and checked many times by the police, and maybe they could check again.
She´s going to pass it upstairs and I have to wait for a phone call.

If they´ve ■■■■■■ up bigtime and I have no class 2…
Mebbe go for the CE with Peter? That´ll give me Cat C as well, yes?
That´s IF I can borrow the cash.

FFS! This is possibly one of the worst days I´ve had for a long time.

ANyone got any ideas where to check the army records?

Just had “the phone call”
They have no record of me passing Class 2 and will not issue it until I can prove that I did.
FFS!!!

You can’t go for CE without having a class 2,has anyone you have worked for taken a copy of your licence or any agency’s you’ve registered with?
If so get in touch with them ASAP and ask them for a copy as that’ll pretty much be your only proof!

My instructor told me years ago if you ever send your licence away make sure you take photos of it as the DVLA seem to make a habit of returning it with missing entitlements.

Thanks Chris.
Yeah, just been pacing the floor and realised that I can´t do a CE straight off.
And…no, no-one has copies.
I´ll try and track down the old office but not holding out much hope.
May have to do a C with Peter.

Trying to find old army records atm. Waste of time imho.

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.
brb

At least they’ve taken the time to look at your case, remove your C licence and let you know.

I’ve had 4 medical, 2 applications, and an 8 month wait to find out if I can get ANYTHING back - I can’t even drive a car at the moment…still!

They literally are a law unto themselves. Thankfully I do have a photocopy of my licence before they revoked it.

Did you work for an agency at any time in the last year or so?

mardybum:
At least they’ve taken the time to look at your case, remove your C licence and let you know.

I’ve had 4 medical, 2 applications, and an 8 month wait to find out if I can get ANYTHING back - I can’t even drive a car at the moment…still!

They literally are a law unto themselves. Thankfully I do have a photocopy of my licence before they revoked it.

Did you work for an agency at any time in the last year or so?

■■■■ me! And I thought I was in the hurt locker :smiley:
What´s that then, heart stuff? Sleep apnea?

No, no workee as a driver for the last 30 odd years.

I might just have to follow through on this CPC course I´m on…become a BUS DRIVER!!!

Did you pass in Leconfield, there will be somebody there who records things in triplicate and uses a lot of acronyms

No, Catterick. But I hear what you´re saying :wink:

Get a copy of military service records:

neuon2003:
Get a copy of military service records:

Get a copy of military records of service: Overview - GOV.UK

Thank you, working on it now :slight_smile:

I think I´m ■■■■■■. Not many options open to me now.

I really wouldn’t hold out much hope. Quite a few years ago, a (police) colleague was involved in a minor car accident while on holiday in Scotland. Local Police attended and checked his documents. His licence didn’t cover car driving (he was a Traffic Patrol officer and had car, motorcycle and bus groups on his licence). To cut a long story short, DVLA had screwed up on an address change/renewal some years earlier, and he had simply popped the new licence in his wallet without a thought. He had to retake all his driving tests, despite the existence of paper trails/records showing that his licence had been checked by Police officers several times during his service.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there…

Stevie you seem like a nice bloke. And you do have an interesting story. With all the things you have done with your life etc… Far far more interesting than most who are going through the process of training.

Why not post this on a part of the forum where it would get some attention…

Put it this way - if I ran a training school, I’d offer you a free class C course on the proviso we could film it and you would do some ‘interviews’. Sounds daft right - but imagine what it will be like comparing driving 30 years ago to now. It’s actually interesting and would get engagement for someones business. You could also talk about your motivation for wanting the course - and how having the licence is a great security blanket.

I think it’s a marketable proposition. Even if it was just discounted it’s better than a kick in the teeth.

Also mate - if you do have to do it - chin up, chest out. If I total muppet and liability like me can get a class 1 licence then you will have no problems.

I hear ya Roymondo, looks like that´s what´s happening here, too.
Phone call from DVLA this morning wasn´t to apologise for losing my records it was to tell me that I don´t HAVE records.
Funny though, they have a record of my car test being passed in 74 (Army), but not me Class 2 in 76ish, also Army.

Sammy, ohhhhhh Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy Sammy…
If that were to happen I would happily go along with it. My chiselled jawline, photogenic features, bubbly personality, sense of humour, and an unflagging “Can do” attitude, would win the day :slight_smile:
But no.

It looks like I have to go through the Cat C all over again, right from the start. Looking around now for info on that.

■■■■■■ suicidal…nearly. (not really)

sammym:
Also mate - if you do have to do it - chin up, chest out. If I total muppet and liability like me can get a class 1 licence then you will have no problems.

Still sniggering at “Sammys Day Out With a HIAB” tbh :slight_smile:

steviespain:

sammym:

Still sniggering at “Sammys Day Out With a HIAB” tbh :slight_smile:

I can’t even pilot a push bike without the police and ambulance having to attend. And yet people still pay me good money to take out their expensive equipment and inflict me on their customers!

I know this is a ■■■■■■■ mate - but don’t let it get you down too much. In a few years you will look back on it and it will seem like nothing. Right now it’s rubbish - but I’m sure you have overcome much worst! (And if not sign up with agency and come out as my drivers mate for a day - they you will know what suffering really is!)

Well, if I am brutally honest, Sammy, this is about the worst kick in the teeth that I´ve ever had.
Broken bones? Pfft
Gettin 10 bikes stolen over 14 years? Pffft
Women walking out? Pfft, actually that was a GOOD day :smiley:

On the verge, literally days away, of getting a 42k a year job, down to nothing. Worse than nothing, no job and not even a Class 2 licence any more. That´s a BAD day.

I´m not finished yet though. I´m just gonna have to get me begging bowl out to the family.
Family is full of airline pilots, lawyers, rich widows etc.
I hate asking them but I will, I have to to if I want to move on.

Thanks for the words mate, means alot :slight_smile:

…or I may just follow through on this CPC course I´ve just finished. Go and have an interview/assessment with Stagecoach gack