Failed CPC Module 2

The subject line pretty much explains it all. I went for my module 2 today, had heard all the horror stories of “ohh it is impossible” or “no revision material available” I wasn’t feeling too bad i have been using the DVSA guide to driving truck vehicles. So had hell of a journey getting to the test centre, encountered many broken down vehicles and when got to the test centre the computer i should be using went down. I had the feeling it wasn’t my day and got 39 out of 50! So pretty gutted to fail it by one :confused: anyone who got the case study with “Susan” will know what i mean. What makesbit worse is i have at least 3 weeks wait for a re-test :frowning:

Plenty of study material about admittedly varying in quality
I used

lgvtheory.co.uk

drivingtheory4all.co.uk also gets mentioned a lot

I used “The OFFICIAL DVSA THEORY TEST for Drivers of Large Vehicles” for both Module 1 and 2. I spent 15 days going through the multiple choice questions and passed both modules easily. I didn’t read anything else. As you’ve already scored 39/50 you shouldn’t need to read anything else either. As DVSA sets the questions, it makes sense to use their books. Other books may contain information you don’t need to pass Modules 1 and 2.

Thank you jonnyboat and carlston49 :slight_smile: i know it isn’t but i felt the test afterwards was just impossible and it put doubts in my head that i had easier block of questions this time and next time might not be so lucky! :confused: i might give the app a go then. Did you pass first time jonnyboat? Thank you carlston i realised at least 2 answers i got wrong straight afterwards. What edition was the theory book you used? Seems that on Amazon they stock several versions

JASCAMBS:
Thank you jonnyboat and carlston49 :slight_smile: i know it isn’t but i felt the test afterwards was just impossible and it put doubts in my head that i had easier block of questions this time and next time might not be so lucky! :confused: i might give the app a go then. Did you pass first time jonnyboat? Thank you carlston i realised at least 2 answers i got wrong straight afterwards. What edition was the theory book you used? Seems that on Amazon they stock several versions

PM me your address and I’ll pop the latest one in the post for you. I no longer need it. It’s got highlighting in from my own revision. But I passed with a high score so was focussing on the right stuff.

If you are feeling generous put a few quid in a charity tin to cover postage - but apart from that, it’s totally free. If you are skint then don’t worry about the charity tin and just pass it on when done with it.

JASCAMBS:

I did pass first time. Although I took the mod 1a,b and 2 on the same day so all the stuff I learnt on the theory was still fresh in my head for the module 2.

I would use as much material as you can get your hands on. I’ve never understood why people say not to bother with xyz- the cost is minimal compared to the waiting time to resit the test.

=“sammym”
PM me your address and I’ll pop the latest one in the post for you. I no longer need it. It’s got highlighting in from my own revision. But I passed with a high score so was focussing on the right stuff.

If you are feeling generous put a few quid in a charity tin to cover postage - but apart from that, it’s totally free. If you are skint then don’t worry about the charity tin and just pass it on when done with it.

I don´t care what the rest all say about you, Sammym, I think you´re alright :smiley:

sammym:

JASCAMBS:

Thank you very much Sammym :slight_smile:
I have dropped you a PM, also explained in it will be making some donations to charity. Also when done i will pass on the material so it helps others too. I am overwhelmed by all the help on this forum thanks guys, seriously much appreciated

A quick update… i have just got back home from taking the test for the second time. I am pleased to say this time i passed :slight_smile: 49/50. Thank you to Sammy for posting the book i went through it thoroughly and i would also recommend drivingtheory4all.

Thanks everyone for advice and help

JASCAMBS:
A quick update… i have just got back home from taking the test for the second time. I am pleased to say this time i passed :slight_smile: 49/50. Thank you to Sammy for posting the book i went through it thoroughly and i would also recommend drivingtheory4all.

Congratulations on that. I know my self that is not easy. there is a lot of misleading questions in there …

Learner driver…

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

JASCAMBS:

Congratulations mate!

Yep, well done :slight_smile: