New here advice wanted thank you

Given you are based near Notts I think you should go to see Mr Smythes place. I did and think they are spot on. The little Renault I learnt in was fantastic - and not that different to an 18t unit you will probably drive after passing. But it’s a hell of a lot easier to get around town in than something bigger.

I’d personally not pay for a starter pack - as the medical can be had for about £40 (nationwidemedicals.co.uk/nottingham) . And the theory tests are not that expensive and can be booked in around you. However that being said - if you are not too comfortable with book work then you might prefer someone to sort it for you.

In terms of work in Notts - well I’ve just turned down over £17/hour to work in Beeston driving an artic for Boots via agency. That’s class 1 - but you can get £12/13 an hour without trying hard on class 2 and do class 1 when/if you want to. You can also earn more if you are willing to do crap jobs at nights. I drove a rigid on nights for a bit delivering parts to car dealerships. It’s probably easier than warehouse work, but lugging cages and engines on a pump trolley wasn’t my idea of fun. A bloke who lives very close to me did his class 2 at Peter Smythes just before me and he’s now earning decent money driving for brakes.

If you do go down this route send me a PM when you have passed your class 2 and I’ll tell you an agency that you really really should avoid.