Class 2 for newbies kent

Struggling to find openings for class 2 work as a new pass in Kent…
Any ideas gladly appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Brakes & Bidfood are the main contenders that offer chances to newbies.

The latter tend not to advertise so you need to be proactive with them.

Brakes are always advertising

They’re always looking just like the usual food people like Bidvest and JJ at Sidcup.

ssdistribution.co.uk/vacancies/

It’s not not much… but it’s a start.

HTH

Nobby_Clarke:
They’re always looking just like the usual food people like Bidvest and JJ at Sidcup.

ssdistribution.co.uk/vacancies/

It’s not not much… but it’s a start.

HTH

That’s all you need fella to get you going, stay a few months and get your CV updated, direct job with employer, avoid agencies!⅞

It can be hard work delivering to hotels and restaurants, says something that they’re always advertising!

Good luck!

Thanks guys, do s&s take new passed? What are they like??

pbc453:

When I went for interview 3 years ago it was for Palletline. About 25k salary, 7am start,job and finish ( I’d expect 7pm finish). They run artics too :wink: . I don’t know what they’re like but the bloke seemed straight. In-house CPC and ADR I think. They take plenty new passes. Now you know as much as me.

Like I say if you break the salary down to hours worked it might not be much,but it’s a start.

HTH

Nobby_Clarke:

pbc453:

When I went for interview 3 years ago it was for Palletline. About 25k salary, 7am start,job and finish ( I’d expect 7pm finish). They run artics too :wink: . I don’t know what they’re like but the bloke seemed straight. In-house CPC and ADR I think. They take plenty new passes. Now you know as much as me.

Like I say if you break the salary down to hours worked it might not be much,but it’s a start.

HTH

Thanks that doesn’t sound to terrible for a start

jbs haulage try new passes at times , eurolink Sittingbourne. Delivering plastic facias and guttering I enjoyed 2 yrs there good luck m8.

dave_890:
jbs haulage try new passes at times , eurolink Sittingbourne. Delivering plastic facias and guttering I enjoyed 2 yrs there good luck m8.

Thanks mate…I’ll give them a look

Depending on how far you’re willing to travel, there is always Class 2 work at Gatwick airport via The Best Connection agency, Gatwick.
£11.50/ Hour for 4 on 4 off. Throw in a 5th shift that week and you’re on Time and a Half at DHL Supply Chain - They take on newbies. There isn’t much driving involved going forwards but you’ll get plenty of practice reversing.

It might be worth trying your local Manpower agency office, my local one in Sussex seems to have Royal Mail and Hermes contracts. If you can pass driving assessments, they might give you a shot as a newbie, depending on the depot’s policy - Some take new passes, some don’t. The pay rates are generally higher and generally slightly less labour intensive worked compared to DHL at the airport.

Good Luck

Hyh:
Depending on how far you’re willing to travel, there is always Class 2 work at Gatwick airport via The Best Connection agency, Gatwick.
£11.50/ Hour for 4 on 4 off. Throw in a 5th shift that week and you’re on Time and a Half at DHL Supply Chain - They take on newbies. There isn’t much driving involved going forwards but you’ll get plenty of practice reversing.

It might be worth trying your local Manpower agency office, my local one in Sussex seems to have Royal Mail and Hermes contracts. If you can pass driving assessments, they might give you a shot as a newbie, depending on the depot’s policy - Some take new passes, some don’t. The pay rates are generally higher and generally slightly less labour intensive worked compared to DHL at the airport.

Good Luck

Thanks that’s great…
Got an interview at Salvatori Transport tomorrow, anyone know what they’re like etc??