Adding Entitlement

Hi All,

Potentially jumping the gun but just to maybe set my mind as rest. Passed my C1 (That’s all I need for job) last Tuesday but the Examiner wouldn’t send off the license for me as he said my picture needed changing.

I got the pass certificate and have sent that off along with my License, D2 form, picture, and postal order and it says it’ll take upto three weeks.

Obviously it’s not been threee weeks and I’ve heard nothing yet and the online license check thing still doesn’t say I can drive C1.

Question is do the DSA hold records or inform the DVLA that I have passed? I’m paranoid that my certificate will get lost in the dungeons of Swansea offices and I’ll have no way to proove I passed apart from the DC25/Form they mark the driver faults on.

Basically just hoping some of you experienced drivers can put my mind at ease!

Cheers

Did you scan everything before posting ? - we highly recommend doing that

From memory mine took about 2 weeks to sort but depends how quick DVLA are.

By the sounds of things it might not get there until Thursday depending on time of posting, wont go anywhere on a weekend so would think theres a chance of it getting sorted by end of this week.

Dont think DVSA will talk to DVLA in that respect, they’ll wait for the forms to come through, although it would seem more logical…but this is a gov dept.

Good thing is usually once it appears online it usually drops through post in a day or so by looks pf things.

Its the DVSA nowadays and has been for sometime, and they do ‘speak’ to the DVLA.

When the workday is finished all the tests for that day are posted via the Royal Mail to the Newcastle office, where they join a big pile of test results from all over the UK, eventually your test will be scanned onto the DVSA computer system that is linked to the DVLA and at that point the DVLA will be informed of the need to issue a licence. This process can take a few days and can be affected by several factors, such as; if the post box used will have a late pick up, the backlog at DVSA etc

Your DL25 (test report) will have a mark on the no box which informs DVLA that you will be applying via post yourself as you weren’t eligible for automatic driving licence issue, in your case because the photo needed updating. So now someone in Swansea has to marry up the electronic report with your postal application.
Easy peasy and it’ll be online for you to view by the middle of next week.