Rough cost, car to arctic?

Hello again everyone.

Hope this one hasn’t been asked to many times, I couldn’t find the answer searching the forum.

As per the title, I’m just looking for a rough idea as I’m looking to borrow cash to get my licenses

I know firstly It’s a medical that should cost me around 40-50 notes using the link for driver medicals on here, I have one of their places pretty close.

I also understand there are many variables to this from how well I would pick the training up to how good the school I choose to go with are. I can probably get a better personal idea if I go for an assessment drive with the schools themselves.

I’m just wondering if there is a rough amount I should be looking at if I end up with a decent school and I’m usually pretty good at picking things up.
I’ve been driving for around 12 years on my car license with no accidents or anything and held a clean license the entire 12 years.

cheers

I did my class 2 in Dec 17 and class 1 in Feb 18. I’m in South Yorkshire. It cost approx £500 for medicals, mod 1,2 and 4 as well as a new pair of glasses.
Lessons cost me exactly £1000 Inc test fee, so £2000 in total for lessons, £2500 all in

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
I did my class 2 in Dec 17 and class 1 in Feb 18. I’m in South Yorkshire. It cost approx £500 for medicals, mod 1,2 and 4 as well as a new pair of glasses.
Lessons cost me exactly £1000 Inc test fee, so £2000 in total for lessons, £2500 all in

Cheers pal,

That’s actually quite a lot less than I was expecting, I was expecting more somewhere between 4 to 5k all in if I’m not the greatest at picking it up and 3 to 4k if I did really well with it.

I’ve had a local school recommended to me from a few lads that all passed 1st time with them and they are pretty close. I think there is also a place recommended on here that’s also in my town so those 2 would probably be my first places to visit.

Where abouts are you?

stuwozere1:
Where abouts are you?

Doncaster,

The place I’ve heard about from my mates is Euro1 and the place I think I saw recommended on here was Atlas

I used Atlas, Rob and Dave are superb. It’s worth dropping them a call and booking the £25 taster as they can answer any question you have and you get to drive in the yard. They can do your CPC training as well for your mods

facebook.com/atlaslgvtraining/

It’s much cheaper for the exact same licences if you go over to Belfast and do it. Ryanair do cheap flights from across the UK and National Express serve Belfast as well. Once there budget £30 per night for a B&B.

Swift Transport Training will do your:

Theory Test
Hazard Perception
CPC Module 2 classroom
CPC Module 4 practical with lorry hire
5 day cat C training
Cat C test with lorry hire
5 day cat CE training
Cat CE test with lorry hire

For a grand total of £1700.

By the time you add your transport and accommodation you shouldn’t be too far north of £2000 all in.

Firstly, though, you’ll need your medical which you get locally and prices vary from £30 to £120 so ship around.

Telt:
It’s much cheaper for the exact same licences if you go over to Belfast and do it. Ryanair do cheap flights from across the UK and National Express serve Belfast as well. Once there budget £30 per night for a B&B.

Swift Transport Training will do your:

Theory Test
Hazard Perception
CPC Module 2 classroom
CPC Module 4 practical with lorry hire
5 day cat C training
Cat C test with lorry hire
5 day cat CE training
Cat CE test with lorry hire

For a grand total of £1700.

By the time you add your transport and accommodation you shouldn’t be too far north of £2000 all in.

Firstly, though, you’ll need your medical which you get locally and prices vary from £30 to £120 so ship around.

Cheers m8,

Looks pretty competitive and it’d be nice to go see some of Ireland while I got my licenses but fitting that around my current employment and other commitments would probably be more difficult atm than going local.

Definitely something to have a closer look at though when the time comes.

stuwozere1:
ATLAS Driver Training Centre

Cheers m8, I’ve followed them for now and will no doubt be in touch with them soon, I hope

Hi bud
Clicky here viewforum.php?f=49

Scroll down to “New and Wannabee…”

Clicky on the sponsor of the forum.

When I get the time/money that is where I´m headed.

You get a discount as a member of Trucknet, or an interest free, no credit check, loan.
Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles away.

And if you read the recommendations by people who have passed through his doors…well, it´s a no brainer really.

Whatever you decide, good luck, break a leg, etc :slight_smile:

steviespain:
Hi bud
Clicky here viewforum.php?f=49

Scroll down to “New and Wannabee…”

Clicky on the sponsor of the forum.

When I get the time/money that is where I´m headed.

You get a discount as a member of Trucknet, or an interest free, no credit check, loan.
Free accommodation if you live more than 70 miles away.

And if you read the recommendations by people who have passed through his doors…well, it´s a no brainer really.

Whatever you decide, good luck, break a leg, etc :slight_smile:

Peter Smyth? I did look at him m8 but I’m only 50 odd to 60 miles away so won’t qualify for the free accommodation and that’s a bit far to be traveling every day before training. I’d be very interested in the loan though if I qualified for the free accommodation as I’m already looking looking at options for borrowing to pay for it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hear ya.
I dunno.
If I was going for Cat C then Cat C+E I would want to go for a school that has a good, no…GREAT pass rate.

If I had to drive for an hour and a half each way? I would do it without hesitation. Even then I would probably arrive a half hour early.

Early starts for a week or so? C´mon, behave :slight_smile:

Whatever you decide, good luck bro.

steviespain:
Yeah, I hear ya.
I dunno.
If I was going for Cat C then Cat C+E I would want to go for a school that has a good, no…GREAT pass rate.

If I had to drive for an hour and a half each way? I would do it without hesitation. Even then I would probably arrive a half hour early.

Early starts for a week or so? C´mon, behave :slight_smile:

Whatever you decide, good luck bro.

Lol I see ya point m8.

I might have another look at them when the time comes. Maybe they are a bit flexible with the distance for free accommodation, won’t know till I give them a ring…

Cost, car to class 1?

One soul.

I recommend having £3k for B to CE

jbaz73:
Cost, car to class 1?

One soul.

Take it you don’t enjoy the job? Lol

ROG:
I recommend having £3k for B to CE

Cheers m8, I was sort of aiming to have about 3k set aside or maybe a little more if I can then anything less is a Brucey!

jbaz73:
Cost, car to class 1?

One soul.

You owe me a new t-shirt. coffee stains don´t come out :laughing:

Everything as a first pass cost me between £1,500 to £2,000