Axle question

I’m trying to understand what design of axle is most stable especially for tankers, it came up on the practice theory I’m doing at the moment and it came up with 4 possible answers but why is one design better then the others?

The actual question was “Which axle configuration is most effective at preventing petrol tankers from overturning?”

Can could kind person explain to me why the configuration of the axle is important please and what axle configuration is most effective at this?

ajax103:
I’m trying to understand what design of axle is most stable especially for tankers, it came up on the practice theory I’m doing at the moment and it came up with 4 possible answers but why is one design better then the others?

The actual question was “Which axle configuration is most effective at preventing petrol tankers from overturning?”

Can could kind person explain to me why the configuration of the axle is important please and what axle configuration is most effective at this?

Hi ajax103,

I’d like to have seen the four options, but here goes…

Widest track width possible and low profile tyres on alloy wheels.

I have to guess too, low Centre of gravity triaxle tailer on super singles with a 3 axle unit

Tri axle using twin wheels I think is the answer they are looking for if my memory serves ok

It’s a tri axle on single wheels.

I done my CPC not long ago so have seen the question quite a lot.

Total:
It’s a tri axle on single wheels.

I done my CPC not long ago so have seen the question quite a lot.

Yep correct. I’m a fuel tanker driver and the answer is definately tri axle, single wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk