New Job (not trucking)

So long story short I failed my Class 2 test last month. I didn’t want to go in the first place but instructor said it would be good experience. I unfortunately failed I went over the line during the reverse (nerves I think). I also was too far over to the left on some occasions and I came up to junctions and roundabouts too quickly.

Anyway I have a retest next month and I’ve just got a new job as a customer delivery driver for Sanisburys. I’m now hoping I’ll be able to use this job so that when I pass my Class 1 they will give me a job as a HGV driver. Looking forward to it though as I’ve been a shop worker for almost 3 years and I’ve been really fed up of it recently. While I will obviously still have customers it will be a good change of pace and at least I get to drive now as part of my job which is something I’ve wanted to do for ages.

oDillonx2:
So long story short I failed my Class 2 test last month. I didn’t want to go in the first place but instructor said it would be good experience. I unfortunately failed I went over the line during the reverse (nerves I think). I also was too far over to the left on some occasions and I came up to junctions and roundabouts too quickly.

Anyway I have a retest next month and I’ve just got a new job as a customer delivery driver for Sanisburys. I’m now hoping I’ll be able to use this job so that when I pass my Class 1 they will give me a job as a HGV driver. Looking forward to it though as I’ve been a shop worker for almost 3 years and I’ve been really fed up of it recently. While I will obviously still have customers it will be a good change of pace and at least I get to drive now as part of my job which is something I’ve wanted to do for ages.

Whereabouts are you based? Sainsburys only operate a handful of their own depots. I work for Wincanton on the Sainsburys contract. Even though I worked at store for 13 years before I started HGV, it counted very little towards me getting the job.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk