DHL NISA STOKE

Hi any idea what they are like?

The hours and pay?
What sort of shifts are they?
This is a class 2 position

Cheers

i thought the Co-op were taking over?

Mon - Sat…you’ll work 5 of those 6 days,they don’t run class 2s on Sundays.
Co-op not touching logistics side for at least 18 months,they took over Nisa not long ago so in the future who knows…CO-OP have a big warehouse J28 M1 with lots of free space.
Full timers get 32k a year on class 2 no nights out.
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts
10/15 drops a lot of handball & parking 50/100/200 yards away from your drop (small convinience stores) & dragging cages to the door.
4am-7am starts dependant on where you are heading
It’s not a got for snowflakes who don’t like to break a nail,you will graft for your money hence why they pay 10K a year more than most other class 2 work.

xichrisxi:
Co-op not touching logistics side for at least 18 months,they took over Nisa not long ago so in the future who knows…CO-OP have a big warehouse J28 M1 with lots of free space.
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts
10/15 drops a lot of handball & parking 50/100/200 yards away from your drop (small convinience stores) & dragging cages to the door.
It’s not a got for snowflakes who don’t like to break a nail,you will graft for your money hence why they pay 10K a year more than most other class 2 work.

I have a class 1 license too… what would that expect me to bring compared to 32k… class 2?

Cheers

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

I have a class 1 license too… what would that expect me to bring compared to 32k… class 2?

Cheers

Class 1 & 2 get paid same but class one work is easier…mostly

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

Cheers

Nice… what are their employee benefits? CPC? Etc

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

Cheers

Staff carpark, government enrolled pension, :smiley:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

Cheers

DCPC would be paid for by DHL i would imagine (it is at our site),and in Company time. if Paul H is still GM there,he is a top gaffer,one of the best i have worked for in my career.

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

This 32K salary… will that always stay the same regardless of how many hours I do? I am guessing they don’t do overtime rates then?

I know if you work there through agency you get paid by the hour

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

This 32K salary… will that always stay the same regardless of how many hours I do? I am guessing they don’t do overtime rates then?

Yes but if you work your days off you get extra,it’s salary pay…paid every 4 weeks

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

Yes but if you work your days off you get extra.

And how far apart would you say each drop be? Thanks chris

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

xichrisxi:
Agency around £10-£12 ph
10-15hr shifts

Yes but if you work your days off you get extra.

And how far apart would you say each drop be? Thanks chris

If you have a lot of drops it tends to be working the same city ie Birmingham,Manchester ect
Runs with less drops than 10 tend to be a lot of driving between drops

Looking forward to driving assessment.

What would they expect of me? Do I need to show them how I would perform daily checks? And
Do I need to insert my Digi Card? Thanks guys.

TruckerYaser:
Looking forward to driving assessment.

What would they expect of me? Do I need to show them how I would perform daily checks? And
Do I need to insert my Digi Card? Thanks guys.

Normally multiple choice test,hazard perception test,a drive around the area…then a yes or no :laughing:

Yes you will show them how you’d check your vehicle,and yes you will have to put your tacho in.

What happens if vehicle not suitable for road?

Also what are they like if I run out of drivers hours or working time 13/15 hours rule And I still have deliveries to make?

Cheers

TruckerYaser:

Also what are they like if I run out of drivers hours or working time 13/15 hours rule And I still have deliveries to make?

Cheers

They have no choice and nor do you - you park up safely for the required rest period

TruckerYaser:

Cheers

Obviously if the vehicle isn’t suitable for the road then it won’t be going out.

Delivery wise,it’ll be evident early on in the day if your running behind so they’ll tend to get other drivers in the area to come to you and take some drops off you…absolute last case scenario is to take delivery’s back as it’s fresh food/milk chances are it won’t be suitable to be delivered the next day.

If you have a run planned that’s pushing 15hrs then they’ll more than likely double man it.

Is this a secured job? I have heard co-op are taking over?

TruckerYaser:

Co op have taken over,I’ve been told that they ain’t touching the logistics side of things for at 18 months until DHLs contract ends…after that,who knows!,CO-OP have a big warehouse @ jct28 M1 that’s not running at full capacity.

xichrisxi:

TruckerYaser:

Co op have taken over,I’ve been told that they ain’t touching the logistics side of things for at 18 months until DHLs contract ends…after that,who knows!,CO-OP have a big warehouse @ jct28 M1 that’s not running at full capacity.

So if I was to accept the job…

Am I employed by DHL Or Nisa? And if they did lose the contract (dhl) would they get me onto another company in the DHL Group e.g. Dunelm, Sainsburies ?