DVSA

Anybody been in contact with a DVSA traffic officer in the past. I wanted official clarification from DVSA in regards to hours - got answers clarified by lads on here which is what I thought; but ■■■■■ in the office don’t understand drivers hours.

I rang up DVSA yesterday and they said they’ll get an officer to ring me - but I ain’t had no luck as of yet.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What part of the EU regs does your boss not understand :question:

ROG:
What part of the EU regs does your boss not understand :question:

What I sent you the other day.
Admin office who keep an eye on our hours said “I’ve done this job for the last 10 years - your wrong”. So I asked why am I wrong they couldn’t give me an explanation.

I have sent an email of to DVSA and FTA (FTA is who we use for downloading our cards, they inform the bosses when we get infringements etc).

It’s the waiting for a response that’s unbearable - I know I’m right after talking to you and tachograph and various other drivers I’ve known over the years.

Our admin office isn’t gonna agree unless I get an official source - gonna enjoy smacking her in the face with it. Cow

abzyyy:
Admin office who keep an eye on our hours said “I’ve done this job for the last 10 years - your wrong”. So I asked why am I wrong they couldn’t give me an explanation.

I have sent an email of to DVSA and FTA (FTA is who we use for downloading our cards, they inform the bosses when we get infringements etc).

It’s the waiting for a response that’s unbearable - I know I’m right after talking to you and tachograph and various other drivers I’ve known over the years.

Our admin office isn’t gonna agree unless I get an official source - gonna enjoy smacking her in the face with it. Cow

You’ll get a quicker response if you call FTA’s member advice centre. If you have your company’s membership number (it should be on the bottom of your analysis printouts) they’ll give you the information.

jenemlou:

abzyyy:

You’ll get a quicker response if you call FTA’s member advice centre. If you have your company’s membership number (it should be on the bottom of your analysis printouts) they’ll give you the information.

Do you have a number for them?

abzyyy:

jenemlou:

abzyyy:

Do you have a number for them?

Another dead end - need a membership number and the transport manager has to ring in - obviously don’t have either.

Depends on what they say your doing wrong .
It could be down to something as simple as
It’s a company thing and that’s how we want it ie a few companies insist that at or before 6 hrs work a 30 min break is taken.

As long as the law is NOT broken they can impose their own rules .

nick2008:
It’s a company thing and that’s how we want it ie a few companies insist that at or before 6 hrs work a 30 min break is taken.

Mon 13:10-18:40
Tue 4:40-17:45
Wed 14:25-19:05
Thur 12:35-20:35
Fri 14:30-19:30
Sat 4:30-09:15
Sun 12:10-22:10

So this week has 3 reduced daily rests and I have also reduced my weekly rest to 26:55.
(18:05 to payback)

Tue 4:40-19:40
Wed 15:30-23:30
Thu 13:25-19:55
Fri 14:10-19:30
Sat 4:30-9:15

So week 2 again 3 reduces and payback/compensation still outstanding.

Tue 4:40-19:30
Fri 12:00-17:30

So week 3 have 2 reduced and am I correct in believing compensation/payback has been made between Wednesday and Friday.

As according to the drivers manual on hours, compensation can be added to daily rests of a minimum of 9 hours. Hence 9hrs+18:05=27:05.
I would be having 40:55 off from work.

Just to add - I’ll be having a weekly rest after 9:15 on Saturday.

abzyyy:

nick2008:

Tue 4:40-17:45
Thur 12:35-20:35
Fri 14:30-19:30
Sat 4:30-09:15
Sun 12:10-22:10

So this week has 3 reduced daily rests and I have also reduced my weekly rest to 26:55.
(18:05 to payback)

Tue 4:40-19:40
Wed 15:30-23:30
Thu 13:25-19:55
Fri 14:10-19:30

So week 2 again 3 reduces and payback/compensation still outstanding.

Tue 4:40-19:30
Fri 12:00-17:30

So week 3 have 2 reduced and am I correct in believing compensation/payback has been made between Wednesday and Friday.

As according to the drivers manual on hours, compensation can be added to daily rests of a minimum of 9 hours. Hence 9hrs+18:05=27:05.
I would be having 40:55 off from work.

Just to add - I’ll be having a weekly rest after 9:15 on Saturday.

Admin office are saying I haven’t paid back - and the only way to pay back is have 63:05 off from work.

Ask admin office WHY and under what theory of law do they think that the payback has NOT been done in those 40.55 off on rest :question:
Ask for the reply in writing

ROG:
Ask admin office WHY and under what theory of law do they think that the payback has NOT been done in those 40.55 off on rest :question:
Ask for the reply in writing

When I asked for an explanation I was told this is how we’ve always done it - and that she’d been doing her job for 10 years - the more I kept at asking for an explanation I was pushed from pillar to post with a couple of them in the office and the final straw for me was when they said we’ve 50 years experience between us and you’ve only started driving for us recently - so we’re right.

Obviously my next step was DVSA and FTA.

What did the analysis company say when they analysed the records on the digicard :question:

ROG:
What did the analysis company say when they analysed the records on the digicard :question:

Haven’t had a response from them yet. I’ve tried to ring FTA myself to them to give me it officially - a transport manager has to ring up.

I thought all companies send data to analysis companies and then the company and the driver get a report :question:

Looks ok to me and I’ve mentioned before that if it can be done it’s ok to add compensation to a daily.

If your cards not bringing up an infringement (and it won’t ) then I can’t see what they’re whining about.

If they want you to have 60+ hrs off are they paying you for it? If so take it !!

ROG:
I thought all companies send data to analysis companies and then the company and the driver get a report :question:

We don’t - we download our card via a reader at work and it uploads onto a program management can view and driver can view it via an app (driverFTA)

dcgpx:
Looks ok to me and I’ve mentioned before that if it can be done it’s ok to add compensation to a daily.

If your cards not bringing up an infringement (and it won’t ) then I can’t see what they’re whining about.

If they want you to have 60+ hrs off are they paying you for it? If so take it !!

Nope it would be unpaid - that’s why I’m annoyed about it. Infringement won’t come up - even if it did it would be too late to rectify.

abzyyy:

dcgpx:

Nope it would be unpaid - that’s why I’m annoyed about it. Infringement won’t come up - even if it did it would be too late to rectify.

Can’t you refuse?

I can’t see how they can enforce an unpaid period of time?

Even if they think it’s a problem, worst is an infringement letter ffs not exactly end of the world is it !

Edit : it’s their (■■■■) planning so why should you be out of pocket

dcgpx:

abzyyy:

dcgpx:

Can’t you refuse?

I can’t see how they can enforce an unpaid period of time?

Even if they think it’s a problem, worst is an infringement letter ffs not exactly end of the world is it !

Well as it stands I’m part of a Union so I’ve told them that if i am forced to take unpaid leave I want it in writing that if admin have cocked up I will be paid as my contracted hours.
It’ll be next Saturday that I’ll have to take unpaid so hopefully FTA or DVSA have responded by then.

Burden is on them to cite the regulation. If you commit a tacho infringement you don’t sign it until it has been fully explained to you why you got issued it. Same principal.
If they can’t clearly explain to you what you have done wrong hours wise then you may do it again.

Also check your contract and see if they can even make you take a compulsory unpaid break.
Do you work for a big firm?