Just saying hi!

Been lurking on here for a few weeks now and I wish Id come across this forum 15 years ago when I passed my Cat C.

What a mine of information this forum is, I bungled on it searching abt life on artics cos Im 90% sure Im going to jump up to my Cat C+E even at the grand age of 40 something, kids are older now so being away for days wont bother them to much especially since they have discovered Fornite and the like, I barely see them anyway and the wife probably wont be bothered either after 20 years of marriage, she,d be happy for the peace lol .

Ive been bugging every class 1 driver i see lately to ask what they think and Id say its around 80/20 in favour of doing the job.

I always wanted to do it but I fell into a cushty job on the ridgids and Ive been really bored the last few years but it paid the mortgage and fed the kids.

So like i say Im pretty sure Im going to book a course and go for it, what can I lose if I dont like it I just go and beg for my old job back lol

The one thing Id ask though is that the company I work for is in the glass trade so I haven,t done general haulage and when looking at jobs I see this phrase alot ( X amount of years general haulage experience required).
Do you think this will hold me back even if Ive been working on the road 20 years, 15 as a Class 2 driver?

Anyway Im just saying hi, so Hi all.

I’m sure your knowledge of the UK roads network and your previous experience will go a lot further than if you were a brand newbie. I passed my Class 2 then immediately my Class 1. I still got a job. One of the reasons they gave me for me being successful was my extensive knowledge of the UK motorway network.

Good luck [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the encouragement, the more I think abt taking it the more it makes sense to me. Trouble with my experience though is anywhere north of Stoke and south of Bristol I’m buggered cos the other branches serve the rest of the country. But a super duper hgv sat nav will sort that I suppose.

I don’t think you’ll have much trouble getting a job, though might not be the job of your dreams. You have road experience and that is worth a lot. You see posters on here that struggle, posters that are brand new and walk into a job - it’s a bit of luck of the draw.

You only regret what you don’t do!