A question on WTD and Driving hours

Hello all, just wanted to ask what I’m sure might be stupid question in regards to the hour regulations.

If I drove for 9hrs 1min would that count as a ten hour day or would the remaining 59minutes be carried over to another drive?

And also the same question regarding WTD, 13hrs 1min counting as a 15hour dayor would that carry over?

Cheers

Yes to 10 hour drive and 15 working day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marky D:
Hello all, just wanted to ask what I’m sure might be stupid question in regards to the hour regulations.

If I drove for 9hrs 1min would that count as a ten hour day or would the remaining 59minutes be carried over to another drive?

And also the same question regarding WTD, 13hrs 1min counting as a 15hour dayor would that carry over?

Neither of the questions are WTD related, the maximum daily driving time and the minimum daily rest period are both part of the drivers hours and tachograph regulations.

Even one minute over 9 hours driving in a shift is counted as an extended driving day (10 hour drive), driving time is never carried over to another day.

The 13 and 15 h our shifts derive from the daily rest requirement, you need to have completed a daily rest period of 11 hours within 24 hours from the start of the shift therefore the maximum shift length is 13 hours (13 hours shift + 11 hours daily rest = 24 hour period).
The daily rest period can be reduced to 9 hours three times between weekly rest periods, a 9 hour daily rest period leaves a maximum shift length of 15 hours (15 hour shift + 9 hours daily rest = 24 hour period).

If you cannot fit an 11 hour daily rest period into the 24 hour period it’s a reduced daily rest period, if your shift is one minute over 13 hours you cannot complete an 11 hour daily rest period within the 24 h our period so it’s a reduced daily rest period.
Allowed daily working time is never carried over to another day.

Marky D:

Cheers

What do you mean by carry over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of threads that may be of interest to you.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123738&p=1924193#p1924193

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=134561&p=2111048

Any one week the max is 56 hours driving time and 90 max per any two consecutive weeks

Caveat - 34 hours driving the week before …
If you do 9.5 hours driving in one shift then you have a max of 46.5 hours left for that week