Passed C+E. But what next?

Heya everyone,

I just passed my C+E yesterday, which was a shock. Went with a company called MSM Training, in Wimborne, near Ringwood. Great bunch there :slight_smile:
But I am not really sure what to do next. I currently work at Muller-Wiseman in Amesbury as a Cat C driver. Sorry if you guys get asked this alot, I’m almost certain you do lol but I’m a bit lost haha

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If you’re looking at moving on, go and visit companies face to face, it goes a long way when someone can see in front of them a smart person with experience (albeit Class 2 but should make in roads with Class 1 employers).

Have a look online at places offering jobs. If it’s tramping you’re interested in, set your radius of interest to about 150-200 miles depending on circumstances.

If you want to be home every day, set your radius to approx 30 miles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
If you’re looking at moving on, go and visit companies face to face, it goes a long way when someone can see in front of them a smart person with experience (albeit Class 2 but should make in roads with Class 1 employers).

Have a look online at places offering jobs. If it’s tramping you’re interested in, set your radius of interest to about 150-200 miles depending on circumstances.

If you want to be home every day, set your radius to approx 30 miles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

And thank you ROG :slight_smile:

Do your work have artics if so no harm in asking your boss if you could be considered when a vacancy comes up…

SouthEastCashew:
Do your work have artics if so no harm in asking your boss if you could be considered when a vacancy comes up…

Yeah that’s one plan I have but was wondering if any companies would hire a new pass. I know some of the bigger companies might :slight_smile: But I don’t think there is any vacanies, and to be honest, the pay is, well, not the best for artics.

Congratulations on the pass!

Agree with stuwozere, go and knock on a few doors - yes, you’ll get knock backs, but if you don’t try, then you definitely won’t get anywhere!

Don’t rule out the small companies, in some respects they might be more likely to take a new pass - the boss is more likely to have been a driver and understand yourdifficulties. At lease you have some Cat C experience and that counts.

As a boss, what I want to see, is someone that looks clean and tidy, work trousers and a polo are fine as long as they clean and ironed, and someone that is pleasant and are going to get on with other staff and not cause a load of trouble with a bad attitude.

Good luck!

albion:
Congratulations on the pass!

Agree with stuwozere, go and knock on a few doors - yes, you’ll get knock backs, but if you don’t try, then you definitely won’t get anywhere!

Don’t rule out the small companies, in some respects they might be more likely to take a new pass - the boss is more likely to have been a driver and understand yourdifficulties. At lease you have some Cat C experience and that counts.

As a boss, what I want to see, is someone that looks clean and tidy, work trousers and a polo are fine as long as they clean and ironed, and someone that is pleasant and are going to get on with other staff and not cause a load of trouble with a bad attitude.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice :slight_smile: I’ll give it a try and look around for local companies :slight_smile:

I like to have options on what to do, finding my first cat c job was quite easy, I worked at Palmer & Harvey, which was a good place to learn the trade before they went bust lol. but now with C+E, the market is very much different on what you do I feel lol so feel a bit lost :stuck_out_tongue: but thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

Congrats on the pass,my mate went with MSM and was happy with them. As you are at Amesbury why not go across the road to home bargains? One of ours went in as a new pass there.

Aurri:
Congrats on the pass,my mate went with MSM and was happy with them. As you are at Amesbury why not go across the road to home bargains? One of ours went in as a new pass there.

I didn’t honestly think of them. I know they use various companies such as NR Evans to operate out of. I might give them a try :slight_smile: cheers :slight_smile: