Question WTD

Hi all, not exactly a new drive but I have come across a problem and hoping the collective experience crew can sort it out.

I know the week begins for driving hours at midnight Monday. But does the WTD reset immediately after your weekly rest period? For example. I have 10 hours left on the week end of shift on Friday (early finish). I have 45 hours off and start late on Sunday.

Are my hours now reset via the WTD to 60? Or do I still have only 10 hours until midnight?

Thx in advance

WTD is separate from drive and requires only for the week start to week end to not breach 60hrs, or 48.5 over 26 weeks or 15hrs in one day.

A day runs from midnight to midnight, a week runs from Monday morning to Sunday night and the 26 weeks begin 's with a defined reference period.
Driving breaks do not reset WTD, only by the passing of a defined time on clock, defined day of the week, or the end of a defined reference period.
Others may correct me but this is how I was taught.

Hope that helps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Duskcrow:
Hi all, not exactly a new drive but I have come across a problem and hoping the collective experience crew can sort it out.

I know the week begins for driving hours at midnight Monday. But does the WTD reset immediately after your weekly rest period? For example. I have 10 hours left on the week end of shift on Friday (early finish). I have 45 hours off and start late on Sunday.

Are my hours now reset via the WTD to 60? Or do I still have only 10 hours until midnight?

Thx in advance

Sunday 00:01 not Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

colinaki:
Sunday 00:01 not Monday

Colinaki, I’m sure it’s 00:01 on Monday morning until 23:59 Sunday night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

WTD runs the same as driving hours = midnight sunday to midnight sunday

Driving hours checked by authorities
WTD not checked

Thx for the replies guys

I wouldn’t worry about WTD as nobody enforces it. It’s more of an operator’s compliance than a drivers responsibility. Just manage your drivers hours correctly and all the other regulations will be fine.

Honestscott76:
I wouldn’t worry about WTD as nobody enforces it. It’s more of an operator’s compliance than a drivers responsibility. Just manage your drivers hours correctly and all the other regulations will be fine.

The problem with that is that companies expect drivers to comply with the working time regulations, well decent companies do anyway.

Fail to comply with the working time regulations and you can expect infringements to mount up.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:

Honestscott76:

The problem with that is that companies expect drivers to comply with the working time regulations, well decent companies do anyway.

Fail to comply with the working time regulations and you can expect infringements to mount up.

Sent from my mobile.

In every case I have come across it is the drivers responsibility to give the company the info and for the company to keep the driver WTD compliant
Drivers do not have admin departments with computers to keep track

ROG:

tachograph:

Honestscott76:

Sent from my mobile.

In every case I have come across it is the drivers responsibility to give the company the info and for the company to keep the driver WTD compliant

In every case I have come across”, I’m not sure what that means but tell us about these cases you’ve come across.

Never yet come across a driver who works out all their WTD for weekly or average - all I asked say company does it

ROG:
Never yet come across a driver who works out all their WTD for weekly or average - all I asked say company does it

How many drivers have you asked :laughing:

Anyway there’s more to the WTD than the 48 hour week and I can assure you that drivers will get infringements if they don’t comply with the working time regulations.

tachograph:

ROG:

How many drivers have you asked :laughing:

Anyway there’s more to the WTD than the 48 hour week and I can assure you that drivers will get infringements if they don’t comply with the working time regulations.

Must have talked to 20 or 30 about this

How can a driver get a company infringement when the company is keeping track of the WTD weekly and averages :question:

6 hour break rule and daily break rule for drivers but not the rest

tachograph:

Honestscott76:

ROG:

ROG:
How can a driver get a company infringement when the company is keeping track of the WTD weekly and averages :question:

6 hour break rule and daily break rule for drivers but not the rest

So after saying that it’s up-to the company to keep drivers WTD compliant now you’re saying that drivers can get infringements for some working time regulations, talk about back stepping.

Nowhere have I mentioned the 48 hour week or anything else specific, what I said was that if a driver concentrates solely on the drivers hours regulations and forgets about the working time regulations he/she is likely to get infringements, and now after some bull[zb] about talking to 20 to 30 drivers about it and seemingly insinuating that I was wrong you’re apparently agreeing :unamused: