Can i pick my licence up from DVLA

anyone know if this is possible? need it back so i can start on the 9th july

It is legal to drive until it arrives, phone or email and fax Dvla to confirm they have processed it,I don’t think you can collect it.

I wouldn’t bother. Mine took less than a week to come back after I passed class 2. If not your pass certificate is proof enough according to my instructor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t really know but I very much doubt that you can pick up your licence from DVLA, your best bet would be to phone them and ask.

DVLA driver licensing enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6801
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm

If it shows as being valid online then you can legally drive but most companies want to see the physical licence
gov.uk/view-driving-licence - click the categories tab once you are in

A good few years ago, when the DVLA service was at it’s worst, it was not uncommon for folks to travel to Swansea to collect their licence. But I have no current knowledge as the service now is generally very quick (a week or so).

Also, with the evidence of licence being available on line, there’s less rush to physically have the licence in your hand.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

n30jjb:
I wouldn’t bother. Mine took less than a week to come back after I passed class 2. If not your pass certificate is proof enough according to my instructor.

my employer won’t take a copy of my pass certificate as proof, bit of a shame really as there is space on the 9th for me

my employer won’t take a copy of my pass certificate as proof, bit of a shame really as there is space on the 9th for me

Well that’s crap. Good job DVLA have a quick turnaround

Don’t use Tapatalk for quotes. It ends up like that [emoji1312]

n30jjb:
Don’t use Tapatalk for quotes. It ends up like that [emoji1312]

But then a MOD comes along and fixes it :smiley:

Cheers Rog

still waiting, how hard is it to add something

andy2514:
still waiting, how hard is it to add something

My class 1 took 3 weeks to arrive on my doormat. I left it with the examiner when I passed. Maybe I should have posted it away myself.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk