What do i need to buy

passed my C+E this week and got a job sorted. so what items should i consider buying to make my life a little easier out on the road,

fleshlight.£6.99…job done.
your own common sense should tell you the rest apart from a satnav and a map.

dieseldog999:

thanks dude forgot about a flashlight, got a map on order do you have any recommendation on what satnav to go for

andy2514:

dieseldog999:

thanks dude forgot about a flashlight, got a map on order do you have any recommendation on what satnav to go for

So you tramping or occasional nights out?.Days/nights?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andy2514:

dieseldog999:

sharpen your observation skills and re read the post… then price it on eby… comes discretely packaged and looks like a flashlight.

if your as unobservant whilst driving then a job at stobarts and a bit of bridge bashing will be your future. :open_mouth:

daftvader:

andy2514:

dieseldog999:

So you tramping or occasional nights out?.Days/nights?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

no tramping i’ll be driving for aldi on nights hopefully once my transfer has been accepted,

dieseldog999:

should come in handy that

andy2514:
passed my C+E this week and got a job sorted. so what items should i consider buying to make my life a little easier out on the road,

I use a 'head torch rather than a hand held one - frees up the hands and it is also rechargeable via USB (charged in the cab) so no messing around with batteries - £10 ish from Amazon.

Coffee mug - the Thermos one is a good investment keeps hot for a good 8 hours - I top it up via the vending machines as required.

Sat Nav - TomTom Go (Truck) I find the best for night work as it routes around road closures better than the Snooper and the Garmin Delz (tried both).

Something to while away the down time - news paper, book, phone, CD’s etc.

Food to eat.

Bottle of water.

Folder for paperwork.

Hands free headset.

Pen.

Rain coat, reflective, comfy boots, gloves etc.

Sunglasses.

Baby wipes.

Toilet roll.

Paracetamol.

Spare change.

Spare roll of tacho paper.

Multi tool, screwdriver, spare bulbs if you want.

Love Doll - 3 hole model for extra options.

Can’t think of anything else.

Good luck with your new job.

dieseldog999:

andy2514:

dieseldog999:

sharpen your observation skills and re read the post… then price it on eby… comes discretely packaged and looks like a flashlight.

if your as unobservant whilst driving then a job at stobarts and a bit of bridge bashing will be your future. :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley:

Wouldn’t be without these.

123smith:
I use a 'head torch rather than a hand held one - frees up the hands and it is also rechargeable via USB (charged in the cab) so no messing around with batteries - £10 ish from Amazon.

Please don’t wear one of them as you will look like a jobsworths numpty.

adam277:

123smith:

Please don’t wear one of them as you will look like a jobsworths numpty.

+1

Or you’ll look like a minion…

bald bloke:
0 Wouldn’t be without these.

I developed my own way to counteract noise pollution…I call it “Old age” :neutral_face: