New job

So I got a job through the agency, they are doing their best I must admit, well the job ok first week was ok, second week ok ish but got made to be a loader all day on a Thursday, this week first day in loader again all day.

Thing is agency told me it was driver work for refuse and recycling. It the company tell you after its driver loader so help the loaders when stuff is your side th it’s ok.

Put on their paperwork I have rods in my spine and can’t lift heavy stuff or bend etc.

But they have again thrown me on heavy garden waste loading all day.
Already fed up with this and that they don’t look at their paper work.

My back is going to kill again and cause me more issues

Maybe the agency’s best isn’t good enough?
If you are doing work that will genuinely lead to future health issues, will an agency give you a good pension or good sick pay?
If you’ve told them you can’t do heavy manual work, don’t do it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

You are right, I made the mistake of doing loading all day once and. Ow the company has pushed that door wide open, my back today is killing me and I’m meant to be loading again. Will be telling them I’m a driver not a loader. And see what happens. I’m even tempted not to honestly go in so my back can relax.
Being a new job etc I never say no or stick my hand up and say something.

All the local recycling jobs are driver loader
Their advertising all over the place at the moment.
Your best bet is be honest with them and see what they come up with

pezzlauk:
So I got a job through the agency, they are doing their best I must admit, well the job ok first week was ok, second week ok ish but got made to be a loader all day on a Thursday, this week first day in loader again all day.

Thing is agency told me it was driver work for refuse and recycling. It the company tell you after its driver loader so help the loaders when stuff is your side th it’s ok.

Put on their paperwork I have rods in my spine and can’t lift heavy stuff or bend etc.

The rods in your spine appear to not be helping you mate. If people in this industry allow themselves to be shafted, it will never improve.
Truck drivers drive trucks. Start saying NO to a few things ffs.

eagerbeaver:

pezzlauk:

The rods in your spine appear to not be helping you mate. If people in this industry allow themselves to be shafted, it will never improve.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OP, you are a driver not a loader,t ell them that. Respect yourself, because if you don’t, no -one else will.

eagerbeaver:

pezzlauk:

I get that last part about not wanting to say no cuz its a new job. You want to show willing and make a good impression. And like us all I’m sure you have bills to pay.

But it ain’t worth your health. What if you ■■■■ your back and can’t work at all for months?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Are bin bags that heavy?

I presume your class 2 if so then you will struggle to find a job that has zero load interaction.
With class 2 your almost guaranteed to be lumping something.

There are a few exceptions… Trunking, car transport and flat bed stuff for building sites.

Not trying be mean but you are on agency the main benefit to that is you can just try your luck with another agency with zero notice. If I was in your shoes I’d be lumping it because in my area that is job and knock with full hours pay.

Basically I’m gonna echo what everyone else has said. Your not happy because your lumping stuff, the customer isn’t happy because they got a limper with a bad back (seems to be contagious :grimacing:) and agency is happy because they get paid no matter what. Just tell them straight or ■■■■ it up.