Am I on average pay for Stobart tramping?

I’m a recent pass that has recently turned to tramping with agency for stobarts and was wondering if my pay is average for my area (Warrington and Widnes).

I worked 5 days last week, working 68 hours in total. For this I was paid £1060 which become £820 after tax.

Is this pay good, average or terrible?

I don’t think your allowed to say that you have earned that much working for stobarts

Troll?

Edit: quite possibly.

NicholasFromWidnes:
Currently on agency for Stobart and it’s not that bad tbh. £14 an hour on days, you can get up to a fiver a day back on food if you give a receipt with your time sheet and £30 a night out.

I wouldn’t work full time for stobarts directly ever again, you’re taking a paycut to be in green.

He claims to have previously worked for Stobarts despite being a new pass so he knows how much they get paid.

adam277:
Troll?

Edit: quite possibly.

NicholasFromWidnes:
Currently on agency for Stobart and it’s not that bad tbh. £14 an hour on days, you can get up to a fiver a day back on food if you give a receipt with your time sheet and £30 a night out.

I wouldn’t work full time for stobarts directly ever again, you’re taking a paycut to be in green.

He claims to have previously worked for Stobarts despite being a new pass so he knows how much they get paid.

Sorry mate but you went through my post history but never bothered to look back a post further when I posted that I worked for stobarts out of Tesco?

I know exactly how much stobart earn as I still have their payscale that was sent to me from their recruitment in January, it’s roughly £100 less than what I’m on now. My question was is my wage average for the industry as a whole, not just stobarts. I’m a new driver so don’t know what’s good pay and what’s bad.

Are you adding in night out money etc in that

That’s roughly £14 an hour and £27 for a night out.

Not sure what the score is in North West England but assuming you’re including night out money in that I’d say that’s pretty decent. If you aren’t including night out money it’s excellent.

If I’m wrong about that then I’m moving to Widnes.

If you are on around £14.00 ish an hour, that is excellent for Widnes, lot of jobs pay around £10.00 an hour that area.

Do you really want to be working 68hrs week in week out to get that money? I wouldn’t

At some point your going to be way above the 48average hours and doubt they garden leave you and pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
Do you really want to be working 68hrs week in week out to get that money? I wouldn’t

At some point your going to be way above the 48average hours and doubt they garden leave you and pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would depend on how they pay, we pay a lot of hours that aren’t worked, either because it’s double manning so POA (don’t shoot me, I didn’t make the rules up), long ferry trip, weekended abroad for which there is guaranteed 12 hours each day (overtime , double sundays) or the once in a blue moon where we are loaded and not parked up on a secure site and the lads in a hotel so they get paid straight through. Very rarely happens that a run occurs where you get pretty much all of that at once, but it does happen and the max I’ve paid for one week is 123.5 hours. Absolutely legal and over 26 weeks, we average well under 48 hours.

Mind you, don’t think Stobbies work that system :laughing:

NicholasFromWidnes:
I’m a recent pass that has recently turned to tramping with agency for stobarts and was wondering if my pay is average for my area (Warrington and Widnes).

I worked 5 days last week, working 68 hours in total. For this I was paid £1060 which become £820 after tax.

Is this pay good, average or terrible?

I live in Warrington and have worked for Stobart’s. I also have a couple of mates who have worked for The Logistics People.

You didn’t earn that. Stop typing ■■■■■■■■.

I have high doubts that he’s getting 14 quid an hour for all hours working weekday day shifts. It’s well above average for the area and Stobrats are known for paying as little as they can get away with. Is it with Stobrats in-house agency, Logistics People? If my sources are still correct then the hourly rate is based on you being on a 5 day roster which includes weekends so that quickly put the 14 quid an hour into perspective where you’re working both weekend days for 5 weeks in a row and 1 weekend day for 2 weeks either side of that.

I spoke to the logistics people/stobarts yesterday.

Rates were £11 or £11.50 days and Sunday was £13 or £14.

I give the two different rates as i’m only looking for one or two days a week and they pay slightly more per hour for doing that.

Jimmy McNulty:

I give the two different rates as i’m only looking for one or two days a week and they pay slightly more per hour for doing that.

Advertising this down our way…

Hgv Lgv Driver
Eddie Stobart Logistics Ltd182 reviews - Corby
£28,000 - £30,000 a year - Permanent
Apply On Company SiteSave this job
We are currently recruiting for all new & experienced drivers to join our well established team, to keep our family growing. Various shifts available including Days. Nights & Tramping.

Hourly rates of pay between £11.59 - £12.93.

This position requires the following criteria:

To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) license
To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
Good communication skills
For more info, contact us on 01925 606 981.

Not sure if that’s got night out money built in to the rate…but knowing them I would say so. :unamused:

He could work as a LTD. Company Driver for The Logistics People.
I don’t know but they probably get 1 Pound more per hour.

But 1060£ for 68 hrs seems quite a lot working for them.

OLDSALVO:

Jimmy McNulty:

Advertising this down our way…

Hgv Lgv Driver
Eddie Stobart Logistics Ltd182 reviews - Corby
£28,000 - £30,000 a year - Permanent
Apply On Company SiteSave this job
We are currently recruiting for all new & experienced drivers to join our well established team, to keep our family growing. Various shifts available including Days. Nights & Tramping.

Hourly rates of pay between £11.59 - £12.93.

This position requires the following criteria:

To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) license
To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
Good communication skills
For more info, contact us on 01925 606 981.

Not sure if that’s got night out money built in to the rate…but knowing them I would say so. :unamused:

Yes they are adverising that up our way too … but thats full time jobs for Stobart in a green shirt and everything.

Tipperdipper1:
He could work as a LTD. Company Driver for The Logistics People.
I don’t know but they probably get 1 Pound more per hour.

But 1060£ for 68 hrs seems quite a lot working for them.

To put £1060 a week in perspective … its just over £55k a year.

If the OP has to ask whether its average when he is paying 40% tax on his income then something is wrong and there cannot be many lorry drivers earning that in 2018.

Some very cynical blokes on here… at one point I was earning 800 plus quid a week before deductions for a 4 day week and no nights out. And I have less experience than the op and this was class 2 (mainly). I’m more than happy to prove this with the invoices they generated and sent me.

It just so happened that I was doing long hours, in the midlands, working nights and the agency cocked up and were adding 20% to my invoices…

sammym:
Some very cynical blokes on here… at one point I was earning 800 plus quid a week before deductions for a 4 day week and no nights out. And I have less experience than the op and this was class 2 (mainly). I’m more than happy to prove this with the invoices they generated and sent me.

It just so happened that I was doing long hours, in the midlands, working nights and the agency cocked up and were adding 20% to my invoices…

People are cynical because some of them are familiar with the average agency rates in the area and 14 quid an hour basic (ltd, brolly or paye) is well above average for the area for doing weekday day shifts. Typically, ltd is 10.5-11 ph with 1.5 after 8, or a quid more if on a flat rate all the way through. You can often squeeze another quid an hour out of them if you’re a known quantity and in demand at certain places but that means the agency has to reduce their margin which very few will do. Given that 14 quid an hour is 3 to 3.5 quid above the average for the area it’s understandable that people are questioning whether he’s being somewhat economical with the truth.

68 hours a week? That including breaks and poa or are we happily running bent.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IronEddie:
68 hours a week? That including breaks and poa or are we happily running bent.

Why would’nt it include breaks and poa if you use it?.