Tyre pressures

Hi, I’m looking for the best device to keep with me so can check tyre pressures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airbag1uk:
Hi, I’m looking for the best device to keep with me so can check tyre pressures

Do any companies expect a driver to carry a gauge? Are you doing weekly checks yourself, or just a pre-drive check?
Daily checks? Mark one eyeball. If it looks flat it probably is. If you kick it and it moves it is officially flat.
Running on m-ways? Palm of hand on side wall, they`ll all be warm, but a hot tyre is running under pressure.

It’s for my weekly checks [emoji848]

Just buy a pressure gauge from Halfords if you want to check pressures.
Personally nowhere I’ve worked has expected drivers to check pressures. That’s a job for the workshop boys to do on a Saturday morning when the trucks are parked up along with torquing the wheel nuts.
Just looking at a tyre you can tell if it looks soft or not in comparison to the others.

There’s only the one hgv and no garage boys just me and my boss and the garage that it goes to for work to be done for maintenance,inspections, Mot Etc …

Airbag1uk:
There’s only the one hgv and no garage boys just me and my boss and the garage that it goes to for work to be done for maintenance,inspections, Mot Etc …

Can you run it into your contracted garage once a week if theyre close? Their gauge should be an accurate one. Do you get diesel from a local garage and do they have an air gauge? If no to both then, yes buy a gauge. Sorry, cant help with recommendation.

Slap the top of the tyres on the tread and kick the wall near the bottom (no not the brick wall you muppet, the tyre wall!! :smiley: ), you’ll soon learn what sounds right and what doesn’t.

Lol [emoji23][emoji106]

Seriously though it’s best for a professional to do. If the pressure is a little low he may ask you to put some air In it and if you by mistake or though a defect in the tyre cause It to explode. You do not want to be near a hgv tyre when it goes they can and have killed.

[emoji106]