Question about renewing my license

My drivers license is going to hit its 10 year expiration date on 30th July 2018, just got the reminder letter in the post.
Im going to be taking my Category C training on Monday 2nd July, taking my test on Friday 6th July.
If and when I pass (fingers crossed!), will I be able to renew the license and get a new photo, at the same time as sending off to have the Cat C put on?
I don’t want to send it off now and risk not getting it back in time for training.

Anyone who has any knowledge on the subject, your advice would really put my mind at ease.
Cheers
Harry

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes. I would use Post Office Checking and get it all done in one go

Wheel Nut:
Yes. I would use Post Office Checking and get it all done in one go

Thanks wheel nut, good to know I can do it all at once.
And how does the tacho card work? Can I apply for that on the day I pass my test too?

You can apply for your tacho card on your car licence. Get it sent off now and you are good to go when you pass.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Many commercial 3.5 tonne vans towing a 750kg trailer will come into EU regs on a B licence which is why the digicard can be obtained with just a B

Just to say when you pass your cat C don’t let the examiner keep your licence (they send it off for you). But since you want to renew/change photo you’ll want to keep it and do it yourself at post office as the other person suggested.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

To add. I would get your digicard applied for today, or when you pass you won’t be able to drive until it arrives, that could be assessment drives or a job.

Thanks for the advice guys, I’m going to apply for the tacho card today.
And what about the CPC card? Can I drive without it while I wait for it to arrive?

hazbazz:
And what about the CPC card? Can I drive without it while I wait for it to arrive?

Yes by using the pass certificate