Taking C+E test on auto/manual

After passing a C test using manual box, if I then pass a C+E test using auto can I drive a C+E with a manual box?

Follow up, what is the approx amount/ratio of auto to manual boxes on C+E? Am I likely to ever be given a manual?

Thanks
Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question :smiley:

Yes.
If your car licence is for a manual, you can then take your truck tests in an auto and receive a licence for autos and manuals.
Increasingly most new trucks are autos.
P.S. stupid questions do exist, but you haven’t asked if it’s good/bad or anysuch so this is not a stupid question at all.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

New EU rules introduced some time ago mean that anyone with a manual car licence can take all upgrade tests (except B+E) in an auto and get the manual entitlement

B+E is under UK law and has not yet caught up !!

New EU rules introduced some time ago mean that anyone with a manual car licence can take all upgrade tests (except B+E) in an auto and get the manual entitlement

Excellent, thanks for that :slight_smile:

btw, I´m thinking of changing my name to Spanglish :smiley:

Thanks ROG and Franglais,much appreciated.

By taking the test in a auto you are removing a factor of the test that you could fail on…Gears,so indeed if possible take it in an auto.

Manual trucks are becoming quite rare now anyway.

Same applies to C1 and D1 out of interest.

Definitely easier to pass with an auto. Don’t worry about splitter and range change. Many of us picked those up with zero instruction. Now it’s all over Google so there should be no real issue. Clearly, practice improves the job. Difficult to state proportions of man/auto. But it has to be said that, with exceptions such as heavy haulage and tippers, virtually everything is auto. I said virtually - not 100%.

Best of luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Same applies to C1 and D1 out of interest.

Ta Peter - I forgot about those being under UK law :smiley:

Excellent info for me here, thanks very much to all.

I drove a Class 2 for years with a 3 way splitter so I´m not overly concerned about it. Ok, mebbe a little concerned because I haven´t done it for over 30 years. Hopefully muscle memory will kick in.
Just to clarify why I´m asking…I already have the Cat C and am just about to start work after a LOOOONG layoff. After a while, gather some cash, I´m going to head up to Mr Smythes place for a C+E.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Look forward to seeing you.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: