Tacho head calibration date

Morning,
If the date of calibration is for example: 15 June 2017 does that mean it must be calibrated before 00.00 on 15 June 2019 ■■
Thanks guys

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

pbc453:
Morning,
If the date of calibration is for example: 15 June 2017 does that mean it must be calibrated before 00.00 on 15 June 2019 ■■
Thanks guys

I’m not sure about the time but otherwise yes, a digital tachograph needs calibrating every 2 years an analogue tachograph needs calibrating every 6 years.

If you cannot read the date on the door frame or you want to double check the date of the last calibration do a card or vehicle printout and near the top of the printout it will show the most recent calibration date and place.

I would suggest the calibration date is fixed with no grace, however if the vehicle is booked in that should help. A commercial MOT does not have to be on the actual anniversary as long as it is done before the end of the month it’s due.

Wheel Nut:
I would suggest the calibration date is fixed with no grace, however if the vehicle is booked in that should help. A commercial MOT does not have to be on the actual anniversary as long as it is done before the end of the month it’s due.

i alway found that last part to be a interesting loophole. i always booked my lorry in for the first of the month AFTER it was due, so i gained a extra month every time i mot’d it. :grimacing: