Class 2 Training

Hi all,

I have my Cat C training this weekend at Peter Smythe’s Fri-Sun with my test on the Monday.

Can anyone advise me on anything to do before my training any tips on how to prepare?

Also, as I am travelling down from Liverpool, I am staying in the accommodation provided. Does any one know what’s local to this? Places to eat etc.

Thank you for the advice in advance, I will keep you all posted.

Firstly, thanks for using us for your training.

To prepare, read the Highway Code. It’s often totally ignored which is a pity. Then get plenty of sleep.

Assuming you’re booked into Central Hotel at Sutton in Ashfield, there’s dozens of eating places close by. Just come out of the hotel and turn right down the hill. 2 minute walk and you’re in the centre. Wetherspoons is popular. Alternatively, there’s Mc Donalds and loads of different takeaways and restaurants. Turn left out of the hotel and there’s a Dominos Pizza in front of you.

Lastly, all the very best with your training and test, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sleep, 100% agree on the sleep and no alcohol not even 1 beer I had literally two beers one night before a lesson and with all the info I had to take in stress levels were up, I didn’t use Peter Smythe but the instructors are, as expected, constantly keeping you right so good sleep and a fresh head is vital.

LouisM:
Can anyone advise me on anything to do before my training any tips on how to prepare?

Phone up training school and find out how your instructor likes their coffee/tea and what type of biscuits they like :smiley:

Seriously, apart from the above, keep an open mind, plenty of rest and listen to your instructor

ROG:

LouisM:

Phone up training school and find out how your EXAMINER likes their coffee/tea and what type of biscuits they like :smiley:

Seriously, apart from the above, keep an open mind, plenty of rest and listen to your instructor

fixed that for you :grimacing:

LouisM:
Hi all,

I have my Cat C training this weekend at Peter Smythe’s Fri-Sun with my test on the Monday.

Also, as I am travelling down from Liverpool, I am staying in the accommodation provided. Does any one know what’s local to this? Places to eat etc.

Thank you for the advice in advance, I will keep you all posted.

yh i did the same, travelled from Leigh and stayed in b&b. accomodation was spot on, no thrills but a comfy bed. cant comment on breakfast as I never had it - they start serving after you’ll leave for the training. like Pete said - loads of shops/pubs/takeaways round the corner. and that wetherspoon was brilliant. since it’s a small town, not been packed even on weekends. enjoy your training. it gets a bit much come sunday with constant driving, but you’ll be fine.