Overspeed

While driving today going down a long hill I was in eco using the + gear to stop any high revs and I had an overspeed. I Press OK but it kept flashing for another 2 hrs untill I reached my destination. I belive I was going 62mph according to my satnav.

It did finally stop flashing once I stopped.

What are the repercussions of such an infringement?

Anyone been in the same boat?

Normally you just press ok twice. Once to acknowledge it and again to cancel

Never had it stay up and no infringements or whining at work about it either. Did get up to nearly 75 other day down M62 to Oldham turnoff!

No crying from work about it. Mind you our ‘Compliance’ bloke is a marshmallow [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

62MPH is not going to get any infringement/fine legally but may get an internal one if the company has a no overspeed policy

Doesn’t much matter what your satnav was saying; it’s whats recorded by the truck that matters. This’ll be on the tacho head and on your card.
Having said that, I wouldn’t be losing much sleep.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Thanks. I told my boss about it and he shrugged his shoulders.
So I guess all is good but lesson learnt.

dcgpx:
Normally you just press ok twice. Once to acknowledge it and again to cancel

Never had it stay up and no infringements or whining at work about it either. Did get up to nearly 75 other day down M62 to Oldham turnoff!

No crying from work about it. Mind you our ‘Compliance’ bloke is a marshmallow [emoji16]

75mph in a lorry?! I thought I was a badman ting doing 65 then ■■■■■■■■ myself incase I get pulled and DVSA see the speeds I’d been doing and my infringement :laughing: wont be laughing if I do get stopped :open_mouth:

To be fair was fully loaded and let it go.

Went up quite fast the old speedo!

Don’t think DVSA can actually do you for speeding though might not be happy

I don’t make a habit of it btw, normally don’t let it go over 60

dcgpx:
To be fair was fully loaded and let it go.

Went up quite fast the old speedo!

I don’t make a habit of it btw, normally don’t let it go over 60

I’m led to believe they can if your speed is over 60mph but I’m new to trucking, so new infact I argued with another driver that you only need 15mins break for 4.5 hours of driving :laughing: :blush: and no thats not what my infringement is for :laughing:

Ghiabox:

dcgpx:

I’m led to believe they can if your speed is over 60mph

No the DVSA will not “do” you for the occasional recorded overspeed, here is the exact DVSA jargon on the matter…

When examining tachograph record sheets there must be clear evidence that the
vehicle is exceeding its legal limited speed and care must be taken that the
excess speed is not due to over-run or an isolated incident. It may be necessary
to check more than one record sheet to show sustained periods of excess speed
(sustained period is in excess of 10 minutes, excess speed must be in excess of
10km/h of legal limited speed).

In other words they have to prove that it’s an ongoing and intentional offence and not just the occasional oopsie down Telegraph Hill (though if you do it quite regularly try to keep it below 10km/h apparently :wink: )

It then goes on to say about speed limiter effectiveness but this is more to do with falsifying or manipulating the speed and its recording…

If there is evidence that the speed limiter effectiveness has been impaired
deliberately or the defect is of longstanding (since the previous working week)
identified from tachograph record sheets, then an ‘S’ marking on the prohibition
would be justified

However they do have a caveat to pass on info to the TC, which could land you worst case scenario a gross misconduct dismissal or at the very least a foot up the arse off of your employer if he got invited for tea and biscuits because of you.

Frequent incidents of excess speeding should be reported to the Traffic
Commissioner for possible action against the Operator Licence Statement of
Intent.

For anyone who cares to read the full ins and outs of what the DVSA can and can’t >> gov.uk/government/uploads/s … policy.pdf

if god had meant trucks not to overspeed then he wouldnt have invented wires,magnets,and smart boxes. :wink:

dcgpx:

Winter Hill, by any chance?
I used to get a skip wagon up to about 70-75 mph there. Any more and it got a bit scary, piece of crap, it was.

What is the actual speed limit on a motorway for a 7.5 tonne . Some say it’s 56 and others say 60 mmm and which one do you believe Sat Nav speed or your speedo as there is a difference between them lol . Also at what speed do you get the overspeed warning on the tacho . In my CPC I was lead to believe that if an overspeed was within 24hrs the police or DVSA could issue a ticket for it but over 24 hrs and it is just a kick up the @rse don’t do it again sort of thing

70mph, shame they’re limited to 56 though

google.co.uk/search?q=7.5+t … Oe_2lj6hQM:

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Is it because of E.U. That we are limited

Airbag1uk:
Is it because of E.U. That we are limited

Yeah, but since we’re in the Eu and it’s 30deg shouldn’t we grateful to Brussels for the sunshine?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

LGV C1 on a motorway

use all lanes and 70 if not limited

no outer lane use if 3 or more lanes if limited to 56

steviespain:

dcgpx:

Winter Hill, by any chance?
I used to get a skip wagon up to about 70-75 mph there. Any more and it got a bit scary, piece of crap, it was.

Windy Hill not Winter Hill.

Winter Hill is near Bolton.

When and if we still leave the E.U. Wonder if we can take off the limiter [emoji848]

Airbag1uk:
When and if we still leave the E.U. Wonder if we can take off the limiter [emoji848]

Not if we want to keep transporting goods into Europe :wink:

And do you really think our HMG would give a toss about us being able to do an extra 4mph? :laughing: