Ending on a break

Are you aloud to end on a 30 min break. I have been driving untill 4pm and arrived at the yard and I have put it on a 30 min break as I need to record it. Can I then remove my card after 30 mins and do a manual entry the next day to 5pm.

Much easier to just finish your break and do a min or 2 other work than wind the clock back in the morning.

ICharger:
Are you aloud to end on a 30 min break. I have been driving untill 4pm and arrived at the yard and I have put it on a 30 min break as I need to record it. Can I then remove my card after 30 mins and do a manual entry the next day to 5pm.

I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t do that.

A break at the immediate end of the shift does not count for the RT(WT)R but as you’ll be doing a manual entry to add some other work after the break there shouldn’t be a problem.

edit: I’m assuming that manual entry for the time after the break will be for other work ?

Thanks. I was led to belive that you can’t end your driving time on a break. But now I know otherwise. Cheers.

Yes the time after the break (30 mins) with be accounted for as other work.

Much appreciated guys.

I quite often, finish the day by putting it on break, due to having left my card in, while waiting for space,then not moving, just counts as part of your daily rest…

Eg on break 1hour before card out after 1 hour, then 10 hours before card back in, still counts as 11hrs off.

biggriffin:
I quite often, finish the day by putting it on break, due to having left my card in, while waiting for space,then not moving, just counts as part of your daily rest…

Eg on break 1hour before card out after 1 hour, then 10 hours before card back in, still counts as 11hrs off.

If your saying you bang it on break / rest then an hour later eject your card then put it back in 10 hrs later for an 11 hr rest your wrong as the moment you ejected the card it will show an interruption.
The powers that be see this as Work as you’ve interacted with the vehicle equipment.
We had drivers getting infringements for this .

I always put it on other work for at least 1 min because you can’t finish on a break to conform to WTD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always finish on a break , whats Wtd?

chaversdad:
I always finish on a break , whats Wtd?

Working Time Directive

Otherwise known as The Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations 2005.

Sent from my mobile.

Hi guy’s not been on for some time but after reading this thought I should get some advice as I’m fairly sure what I’m doing is wrong.
Some days I do this.
I put taco in around 4:15am ish 15min walkround (company policy) then first break around 9:45 of 30 mins then if I’m back at yard pull taco at around 2pm after a 15 min break end of day 4:30 pm.
Start the new day 4:30am have never done a manual entry.

And other days are similar start the same but have a second 30min break at around 1:30pm back at yard 4pm ish. Pull taco 4:15 on other work.
Again new day no manual entry in fact never done a manual entry.
I look at computer when I download my card and have never had any infringement.

Thanks for your help guy’s…

Your not alone, i wouldnt know how to do a manual entry

As long as you have more than 1 min other work after your break it counts that the break as a wtd break

chaversdad:
Your not alone, i wouldnt know how to do a manual entry

You need to learn then

Think it’s only affects the WTD but not sure [emoji848]