Cat d to cat c

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me, I’m currently a bus driver and looking to put myself through my cat c, I was going to do it a few years ago before I became a bus driver. Stagecoach put me through everything including paying for my medical which was then sent off with my licence to get the provisional cat d entitlement put on it, however before sending it off I also ticked the cat c box so I received that provisional entitlement too. I’ve checked my licence details online and this is still the case, runs out 2030 apparently. Now I don’t know if it’s me being stupid but surely that’s me all set to go for cat c training now (after theory/hazard test of course)…anyone able to confirm this for me please?

liam6226:
Hi just wondering if anyone could help me, I’m currently a bus driver and looking to put myself through my cat c, I was going to do it a few years ago before I became a bus driver. Stagecoach put me through everything including paying for my medical which was then sent off with my licence to get the provisional cat d entitlement put on it, however before sending it off I also ticked the cat c box so I received that provisional entitlement too. I’ve checked my licence details online and this is still the case, runs out 2030 apparently. Now I don’t know if it’s me being stupid but surely that’s me all set to go for cat c training now (after theory/hazard test of course)…anyone able to confirm this for me please?

You have the medical done and the provisional for C

You now need
Mod 1a LGV theory
Mod 1b HPT
Mod 2 LGV CPC theory
Mod 3 LGV C on road drive + reverse
Mod 4 LGV CPC practical

If got pre 1997 licence then CPC can be 35 hours periodic instead of mods 2 + 4

ROG:

liam6226:

You have the medical done and the provisional for C

You now need
Mod 1a LGV theory
Mod 1b HPT
Mod 2 LGV CPC theory
Mod 3 LGV C on road drive + reverse
Mod 4 LGV CPC practical

If got pre 1997 licence then CPC can be 35 hours periodic instead of mods 2 + 4

Ok thank you! I actually passed my theory and hazard perception test a few years back but it’ll of expired now and I’ll have to do it again. Just wanted to confirm that I wouldn’t need to do another medical as I already have the provisional entitlement on my licence that’s all.

Nope, you’ve got that till you’re 45 :slight_smile:

If you want you can even have a couple assessment drives before your theory/hazard

When you book the mod 2 (CPC computer test) you’ll get offered the Conversion exam - this is a slightly shorter test that only has the questions about load security / brake lines / etc, and doesn’t test you on driving hours / tachos / other things you were already taught for your PCV tests

Basket:
Nope, you’ve got that till you’re 45 :slight_smile:

If you want you can even have a couple assessment drives before your theory/hazard

When you book the mod 2 (CPC computer test) you’ll get offered the Conversion exam - this is a slightly shorter test that only has the questions about load security / brake lines / etc, and doesn’t test you on driving hours / tachos / other things you were already taught for your PCV tests

Medical will be until age 45 but theory passes only last 2 years

Thanks for the reply’s…will be doing the theory test in the next few weeks then booking a cat c course.