I'm looking for a Mentor

Benigno:
Hi everyone.

I got my license half a year ago to start my career as a truck driver. Before this I have been washing dishes for the last 6 or 7 years. These last few months haven’t hallowed me to try to get a job as I got married, my wife had a baby, got a mortgage, etc. At the moment I’m working 40 hours in a restaurant but only Friday to Sunday, just so I have the time to try to find a driving job.

The thing is that, to be honest, even when I have my cat C license I don’t feel like I could do the job. I come from hospitality and I have no clue about anything in this trade. I wouldn’t know where to start… Is not a lack of confidence either, just a lack of knowledge. I like to do things right, I don’t want to screw up and put myself in a worse position.

For this reason I thought it could be a good idea to find somebody to show me the ropes. If any of you need somebody to give them a hand I’d be more than happy to do it only in exchange of having the chance of learning something about the job. I’m happy to do manual work or anything that can teach me about the industry and get myself a bit more prepared.

For instance, if you do removals it’d be great for me to do porter work or whatever you need. I’m a really good worker, with great stamina, I make good use of my time, I’m polite, quiet, zero problems person.

Please, let me know if you think I can help you or if you know somebody.

Cheers.

I knew sod all about the transport industry when I passed. Like many others, I just went out and picked it up as I went.

The best advice I can give you is this:

If you ask a stupid question, you’ll be stupid for a minute. If you don’t ask, you’ll be stupid forever. :slight_smile:

Don’t be afraid to ask questions. I still do it whenever I go to a new DC or customer site. Take notes and your golden the next time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk