Went through a red light with camera

Hi all so been working class 2 now for a few months and today got a letter saying a went through a red light that had been red for a while and now I have to confirm I was the driver so they can send me details etc.

I completely misread the junction and know it happened I hold my hands up to it.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what expect? Letter said up to £1000 fine and between 6 points or disqualification. Any idea what will happen next?

It all depends o the speed you went through the junction, the length of time after the red signal came on etc. Replying back early is a good thing and the fine/points should be minimal. My brother got 3 points and £120 penalty 2 months ago

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

gov.uk/penalty-points-endor … lty-points

Code Offence Penalty points
TS10 Failing to comply with traffic light signals 3

forsterdean.co.uk/wp-content … fences.pdf

The penalty for failing to comply with a red traffic light is 3 penalty points and a fine. For a fixed penalty
the fine is £100, however if the case goes to court the fine is means tested and is a maximum £1000.

Just dragged that up on the net. No first hand experience of it though.

I don’t know where they got 6 points from though

I’ve just sent it back on day 1 of recieving the letter. Says I will be sent a single justice procedure notice to reply with my plea if I go not guilty :smiley:. I’m guilty haha.

I’m just worried about having the book thrown at me and losing my licence.

WAZ91:
I’ve just sent it back on day 1 of recieving the letter. Says I will be sent a single justice procedure notice to reply with my plea if I go not guilty :smiley:. I’m guilty haha.

If you’ve no points at the moment I wouldn’t panic. You’re wallet will be a little more stressed though

My wallet is stressed enough :confused:

It’s a lesson learnt I’ll just wait for the reply.

Might find that your offered a course, depending on police force. Can’t remember the name of the equivalent to the speed awareness course

WAZ91:

Your not gunna lose your licence mate lol

Jimmy McNulty:
Might find that your offered a course, depending on police force. Can’t remember the name of the equivalent to the speed awareness course

Some places call it a red light awareness course or a Drivers education course like in Nottinghamshire.

Im sure some junctions with those cameras are geared up to change just as you get to them, many times I’ve seen them go green, I’ve carried on towards them and then for no reason they change. I slam on, stop, then a few seconds later they go green again.

I thought the government were supposed to stop all this unnecessary stopping and starting to help save the planet?

Try and play the lights where broken card, if you was sat there for a while. Might need to make a fake report to the local council.

highwaycode.info/rule/176

So update. Called speed enforcement today as I hadn’t heard anything back.

Turns out cause the red was red for so long it’s straight to court! 6 month wait.

Ouch!

WAZ91:

Turns out cause the red was red for so long it’s straight to court! 6 month wait.

Some on here might not like me saying this but you deserve to lose your licence, any driver who is so drives up to a red light but fails to stop shouldn’t be on the road

WAZ91:

How long Was it until you got your first letter advising you of you incident?

Cheemap:

WAZ91:

Sorry, should be more clear. How long was it from the time the incident took place to when you received your first letter advising you of your crime (harsh word to use)

mac12:

WAZ91:

Some on here might not like me saying this but you deserve to lose your licence, any driver who is so drives up to a red light but fails to stop shouldn’t be on the road

So accidants should be a banable offence? Jesus, I’ve taken full resposiblity for what happened.

It took place on a junction I was not familiar with at around 5:30am. The light to go straight was red for about 30 seconds so it says but I saw green to my left which I know now is only for turning left. Fortunately no cars were coming out from the left. Not making excuses I did it, it happened and I will accept the consequences.

Cheemap:

Cheemap:

WAZ91:

Sorry, should be more clear. How long was it from the time the incident took place to when you received your first letter advising you of your crime (harsh word to use)

Got the letter about 3/4 week’s after as it went to my employ head office first.

There is a website/forum dedicated to assisting people with things like this. I had a bus lane fine cancelled by their help, obviously if you’re going to court you will be fined but talk to the people that know and they’ll do what they can to help forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=2 … b7&act=idx and theres no/very little keyboard warriors belittling you for what you’ve done.