ADR Advice

I’m looking for some advice on swatting up for an adr coarse.
I have been booked in for a 4 day coarse and was wondering if there’s anything I can learn prior to the course.
The chemicals I’ll be carrying are all farming chems. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162

ROG:
Dangerous goods advice- UK regs and ADR - SAFETY, LAW AND WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE FORUM (INTE - Trucknet UK

That’s a long and interesting thread, but dates back a long time.
As said in that thread the regs are being constantly monitored and are updated (2 yearly?).
Might be best to approach the course without any old baggage?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Agree with franglais, I’d not worry. All my drivers are ADR and none of them have ever swatted up and only one failure in 20+ years.

The general advice is to relax in advance of the course and then put all your concentration into learning during the week.

Hope it goes well for you, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ICharger:
I’m looking for some advice on swatting up for an adr coarse.

Hi ICharger,

It’s best to follow the advice already given above for several reasons:

• You won’t know which subject areas to study
  • You won’t know in what depth to study
  • You won’t know that what you ‘find’ is actually relevant
  • You won’t know how to evaluate the accuracy of what you ‘find’
  • You won’t know whether what you 'find is out-of-date

My honest advice is that you take it easy before your course and rely on two things once you get there:

1.) The approved course provider MUST give you some sort of approved handout that is part of the approved course
2.) The course can ONLY be run by an approved instructor, to whom you should listen and ask questions

My other thought on this is to advise you to take absolutely no notice of the ‘I’ve already done it all’ types that you’ll sometimes encounter on an ADR course, but whether you get one of those is down to the luck of the draw and best dealt with by the instructor.

:bulb: I’m here to help if you get stuck. :wink: :smiley:

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I’ll keep you posted on how I get on. Thanks again.

Just finished day 2 of a 4 day coarse. So much to take in but enjoying the learning process.

Finally finished the coarse and I must say I enjoyed it. Everyone kept saying it sooo easy but to be honest I found some of the questions difficult as there is so much to digest. Even after spending 2 hours each evening and 2 hours each morning swatting up.

Im 90% sure it went well, but we will see. Thanks again for all the advice.