Taylors Transport - Huthwaite

Hey guys,

I’ve been offered a C+E assessment with these. Does anyone have any up to date experiences and knowledge about them? What the hourly rate is etc…

Thank you.

Agentile:
Hey guys,

I’ve been offered a C1 assessment with these. Does anyone have any up to date experiences and knowledge about them? What the hourly rate is etc…

Thank you.

Driving a 7.5 tonner (LGV C1) can be easy or hard but the hourly rates can be much lower than C or CE

Apologies. I meant C+E.

No idea what they pay. But some drivers have been there a long time so I imagine it’s fair enough. And they have a good name for helping new drivers make a start.

So all the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I applied there three years ago as a newly passed class 2 driver and was offered a job on the night shift. The pay was £7.50 ph with OT at time and one half after eight hours. I declined the job and signed up with a couple of local agencies instead, working on days, the lowest basic rate of pay I recieved from the agencies was £9.50 ph. There was some negatives points working via an agency but for me it worked out very well, using it to gain experience before moving onto class 1 and finding full time employment with a local firm.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

If it’s nights you’ll be doing the papers. Easy work but a fair bit of sitting around beforehand and you need to know how to get your toe down if the printers go down and it gets delayed. You’ll be out of the door if you try hanging the job out as the fines are huge for late or missed paper deliveries.