Passed CatC, But offered van work

I wouldn’t take van work if that was me. I didn’t pay £1700 to pass my class 2 for then having to settle for van work.

When I first passed, the agency started me off on 7.5t work. Even though I didn’t want to, I did it for the experience and I’m glad I did as going straight onto a class 2 would’ve probably been overwhelming but that’s just me. The company I was put into were brilliant with me and knew I was a new driver but wasn’t aware I had a class 2 license (don’t know how they didn’t know). I’d been driving the 7.5t for about a month and wanted to move up so made the company aware of my license and they were happy to put me on the 18t when a route became available. A week later, I was given training on the route and was handed the keys.

As I had my test in a 7.5t, I’m glad I started off on one and eased myself onto the 18t. Having said all that, if they offered me van work or even a 5.5t, I would’ve told them I wasn’t interested and looked at another agency.

Good luck in whatever you decide but if you accept van work, they will probably keep feeding you van work.