Class 1 Training

Hi thanks for looking yet again at one of my posts, I paid for my class 1 training a few months ago to start next month with Eddie Stobarts training. In the mean time I have found a job on my door step doing class 2 multi drop.

Out the blue the manager pulled me to one side before and asked me if I would be interested in the company putting me through my class 1 training after my 3 months probation period is up.

The company pays less then Stobart would but it’s takes me A pains to walk to work so no travel expenses.

Has anyone ever tried getting there money back off Stobarts TrainingAcademy?
Would use carry on with Stobart since I have already had my interview and got a job if I pass?

Only Stobarts can tell you if they will give you your money back. It’s down to your contract.

But a promise now might never materialize. So you could fight for your cash and be stuck where you are with no class 1. They will probably sign you in for two years if you do your test there… And if the money is worst than Stobarts it will probably mean you lose a lot more than a grand over the two years.

Another option might be to tell stobarts you will never work for them and have a job lined up and ask if you can still do your training and test. From what I understand you can only do the test with them if you say you might work there.

I’d do the training you have paid and budgeted for and see where it takes you.

Will current employer allow you to do the Stobart course and contribute to it as long as you sign to stay with them of course and do not get the training paid for and zb off :question:

No idea. It’s not uncommon for employers to use the promise of training to string people into staying in a job longer then they usually would . I’ve seen people wait over 2 years to be put on a training course. I’d get the dates in writing before you cancel

Thanks for the replies, I have asked around the other drivers and even though they say they pay for it they take so much out your wages each week and hold you at the company for 2 years.
Will carry on with original plan, now to just try get the time off work haha

kopkings1:
Thanks for the replies, I have asked around the other drivers and even though they say they pay for it they take so much out your wages each week and hold you at the company for 2 years.
Will carry on with original plan, now to just try get the time off work haha

Just tell them you have the training booked. If they were ever going to put you through it they won’t object. Worst case take it as holiday…